Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumpy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 2022 Model 3 AWD for about 12 months and my passengers have always complained that the back seat ride is very bumpy and several of them won't get back in my car. My own family doesn't like to ride in the back seats. I brought it to the dealer and they didn't do anything about the issue. They said it was within spec but i didn't even see them put it on a rack to check the suspension.

I owned a 2018 -same car - and didn't have any complaints. Now i'm regretting the trade. Has anyone here upgraded their suspension and if so did you bring the parts to a tesla dealer for install as I spoke to a tire shop and they couldn't help.

Since you are right outside of Chicago, search online for dedicated EV shops (there ought to be at least one or two between Milwaukee and Chicago) and get any suspension work the dealer will not do, there.

Of course since the car is still under warranty, doing the work now comes with some potential service center consequences (they love to deny doing any warranty work on parts even remotely close to anything modified or replaced with aftermarket).

Or find a good general motorsports and aftermarket part installing shop, or even a Tesla certified body shop in your area.

Maybe consider swapping in the 2023+ 'comfort' suspension. That might even keep the 'within spec' crowd happy and willing to do work on the car in the future.

Reactions: Jerryt175
Swap out the crappy OEM shocks for Koni Yellows. Give the rears about 1 turn of adjustment before install. That will be an improvement, and about the best you'll be able to do without spending roughly $2k on a set of MPP comfort coilovers.
Dealers wont touch it, and most general tire shops won't install parts you bring in to them. You'd need to find out where the local racers/autox'ers go for installs.

Last edited: