Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shipping question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used the carrier option for car delivery?

My address happens to be 216 miles away from my closest delivery center and had I not moved a few years ago it would have been 222... I was dumb not to put in my old address for delivery, so now it seems that I have to go to the center for pick up. Has anyone had luck with sales/delivery personnel to convince them to ship the car? I tried with my sales agent but he seems to be very stubborn on not giving me such option...

upload_2020-11-15_0-0-51.png

Just last week I was told my that M3 would be arriving in a few days and I was asked if I'd like to have it shipped from Calgary Alberta (delivery location) to my home in Edmonton. The distance is 327km (203 miles). They said they wouldn't charge me anything for shipping, but that it would delay the car's arrival by a week. I opted to pick it up in Calgary instead as I can barely contain my excitement. So who knows, maybe you'll get the same option I did?

• Informative
Reactions: Nomad_in_US
Problem with using your old address, is that is where they would also have registered your car.

Perhaps it is due to weather conditions this time of year where you live, that they would be hesitant to truck the car to you.

No matter, looks like you gotta go pick it up yourself.

Just last week I was told my that M3 would be arriving in a few days and I was asked if I'd like to have it shipped from Calgary Alberta (delivery location) to my home in Edmonton. The distance is 327km (203 miles). They said they wouldn't charge me anything for shipping, but that it would delay the car's arrival by a week. I opted to pick it up in Calgary instead as I can barely contain my excitement. So who knows, maybe you'll get the same option I did?

Interesting experience. Thanks for posting and letting me know. I am conflicted about picking it up myself vs getting it shipped.
1. COVID is about 50 times more severe in the pick-up location than where I am living (speaking of active cases...) and I would like to be cautious despite the excitement :D
2. Delivery refusal is easier should I find outrageous problems...

If the carrier charges a fee to handle the delivery why would Tesla care if you request their service?

No idea!!
Problem with using your old address, is that is where they would also have registered your car.

Perhaps it is due to weather conditions this time of year where you live, that they would be hesitant to truck the car to you.

No matter, looks like you gotta go pick it up yourself.

I no longer live there so not registering there :( My area is still sunny and not snowy yet :D

I purchased an existing inventory vehicle from a showroom that is about 400 miles away. That being the case, I paid $750 for third party transportation.

I’ve yet to receive a timeline or delivery date. What did any of you experience timeline wise?