Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short squeeze or has the average investor finally realized Tesla's true potential?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short squeeze and FOMO by regular investors IMO. Looks like a game of hot potato with it ending once shorts cover their losses.

I love the company and the stock deserves the pop esp after earnings, but the 10%+ increase/day is insane.

Institutional fund managers wanting to be perceived as, being on the right side of climate change, really have no choice in medium to large caps stocks but to plow their billions into Tesla.
As of today there are a lot people who have driven forklifts in Fremont for the last 5 years who are now millionaires.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
It appears from a post elsewhere that the short interest today was around 50%. The discussion of how many shares are out there on the market and who is not ever going to sell has gone on forever. The fact that we traded 60M shares today tells me the Shorts are trading in circles with one share trying to find a way out.

And YES. Of course this includes other investors trying to buy in. This is what Elon has been trying to setup for a long time now. You will never have a day when there are no other investors buying. That means just because we trade 20M or 600M shares does not mean there are shares for the shorts to cover with. There are simply shares for one short to give to another short. We shouldn't be here at these levels. We should have never been down so much last year and Shorting should be illegal.... at least not without the uptick rule always in place but that's just my opinion. and what the hell is this naked shorting for MMs with 3 days to cover!

Reactions: replicant