Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Douglas Kass@DougKass 11m
A December 13 letter from the SEC to Tesla has just been released which raises questions regarding statements made in 2012 10K, 3Q2013 10Q
https://twitter.com/DougKass/status/438443017880752129

I read the letter. Doesn't appear to be a big deal at all. It would be nice if Mr. Kass pointed out what part he believes would have a material impact and how.

No surprise... thestreet.com has been bearish on TSLA for a long time. Last week, I think they had it as a strong sell or something... today it's up to a 'hold' :rolleyes:

Cramer has some admirable intentions, but I'm afraid he just doesn't "get" TSLA, like many people.

A December 13 letter from the SEC to Tesla has just been released which raises questions regarding statements made in 2012 10K, 3Q2013 10Q

At first I kinda felt bad for the guy, clearly he just was on the wrong side of the trade and let his ego get to him. We've all been there.
..Now though he's crossed the line. A respectable man would admit he was wrong, or at least remain quite if he was confident the stock wouldn't retain this level. Trying to stir up FUD just shows he's a real scumbag.

Go doug kass go! Fight the good fight! I bought weekly call options when i heard he doubled down on a losing position. When he tripled down at 235, I LOL'd because I was reading his statement when the stock was at 259. He prob got some skid marks in his shorts today.

Tesla’s Tops $30 Billion as Morgan Stanley Boosts Outlook - SFGate

SEC Review

Separately, Tesla today posted a Dec. 30 filing answering questions from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission about the company’s method of accounting for residual values of its Model S cars, which had triggered a review.
Tesla in early 2013 announced a financing plan for the Model S backed by Wells Fargo & Co. and U.S. Bancorp, that guarantees a resale value “equal to 50 percent of the base purchase price” of the entry-level car, of about $70,000, and “43 percent of the original purchase price for all options” after 36 months, according to a Tesla agreement obtained by Bloomberg Industries at the time.
The SEC had asked Tesla to ensure that financial releases include results calculated using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles “with equal or greater prominence” to adjusted earnings figures.
“We will revise the formatting of our reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP financial information to avoid potential future confusion,” the company said in response. “We plan to reconcile net income (loss) and earnings (loss) per share first, and then, on a separate page, we will reconcile revenues, gross profit (loss), research and development expenses, and selling, general and administrative expenses.”
Calls to Jeff Evanson, Tesla’s head of investor relations, weren’t immediately returned.

Gil Morales ex William O Neil Trader & Chris Karcher Today

Virtue of Selfish Investing
BGU - TSLA 2/25/14
TSLA is having another buyable gap up. TSLA is potentially similar to GM in 1915 with its revolutionary technology. Should it repeat GM's move, it will run to 700 or beyond from where it is currently trading. We have reported on TSLA a number of times.

Reading that it almost feels like Panasonic has a deadline of this week to help finance the factory or Tesla will do it without them.

P.S. I've been following the forum regularly and finally decided to join in. I've been covering Tesla for a while at SA - http://seekingalpha.com/author/siddharth-dalal/articles/symbol/tsla - I know a lot of you are not fans of a lot of SA coverage.

Welcome! It's always good to see articles on SA from someone that 'gets it' rather than all the FUD from the usual suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.