Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Dairy, shorts bully me again today..

Can we stop pretending like it is inappropriate to discuss daily short interest of one of the most heavily shorted NASDAQ stocks in the short term price discussion thread? Discussing short term price movements is inherently speculative and open to interpretation but that is what this thread is specifically for FFS.

Sorry to ask the question here, but, as an American TESLA share holder, how to vote to the merger? Thanks. Hopefully it can be done with a couple of clicks online.

Quick response. Contact your broker or Tesla. Schwab automatically sends me notice and an e-mail with proxyvote.com and since I already have a key with proxyvote one click gets me there to cast votes online. I do need the key to get to proxyvote.com but don't remember how I got it--probably after the first use of the facility through Schwab.

Hope this helps. Get on it!!!:) Some of the foreign owners are having much trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump having even a 1% chance of winning will spook markets until Trump loses, explicitly states he will not challenge the outcome, and tells his followers to remain calm and not do anything stupid.

Disclaimer: The direction of the market this week in my view will be entirely driven by the outcome of the election.

Note: The VIX is still very high, meaning this rally could continue for a few days.

If Trump somehow wins, it's time to find the nearest bunker. :rolleyes: The funny thing Is I'm only half joking.

Update: When I wrote the comment about bunkers, I had no idea a lot of people are actually building luxury bunkers just in case. :confused:

Liberal, Hollywood Millionaires Scramble To Build Luxury Bunkers For ‘Trumpocalypse’

Panic, Anxiety Spark Rush to Build Luxury Bunkers for L.A.'s Superrich

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump having even a 1% chance of winning will spook markets until Trump loses, explicitly states he will not challenge the outcome, and tells his followers to remain calm and not do anything stupid.

Disclaimer: The direction of the market this week in my view will be entirely driven by the outcome of the election.

Note: The VIX is still very high, meaning this rally could continue for a few days.

If Trump somehow wins, it's time to find the nearest bunker. :rolleyes: The funny thing Is I'm only half joking.

Note: When I wrote the comment about bunkers, I had no idea a lot of people are actually building luxury bunkers just in case. :confused:

Liberal, Hollywood Millionaires Scramble To Build Luxury Bunkers For ‘Trumpocalypse’

While the title looks like it is ONLY because of Trump. it appears many are doing it for many reasons.

“People are going for luxury [to] live underground because they see the future is going to be rough. Everyone I’ve talked to thinks we are doomed, no matter who is elected.” Robert Vicino, founder of an upscale bunker construction company, told The Hollywood Reporter. “Bill Gates has huge shelters under every one of his homes, in Rancho Santa Fe and Washington. His head of security visited with us a couple years ago, and for these multibillionaires, a few million is nothing. It’s really just the newest form of insurance.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/29/liberal-hollywood-millionaires-scramble-to-build-luxury-bunkers-for-trumpocalypse/#ixzz4PMsvpR4s

Anyone notice the massive megaphone effect with Elon's Tweet about Amish Paradise? 21k likes and 6k retweets. Very impressive. :cool:

Regarding the blog post about Supercharging. When Tesla says all Tesla ordered before January 1st, 2017, does that include preorders for the Model 3? Maybe Tesla will give all people who put down a deposit before January 1st, the ability to increase their deposit to $5000 (or something like that) in exchange for being included?

Or does this mean early deposit holders will be asked to finalIze their order by January 1st, with deliveries beginning earlier then expected? Or something else altogether?

Maybe free unlimited use of the Supercharge Network is one of the perks early deposit holders will receive?

I'm surprised journalists think this is a bad thing. Heck, I thought Elon made it clear months ago that Tesla would introduce some sort of very reasonably priced fee to use the Supercharge network.

A little surprised Tesla announced this today.

Anyone else think Tesla should put signs at Supercharge stations that says something like "Any non Tesla vehicle parked at Tesla charging stations will be subject to a ____ fine and will be towed"? (Would take Automatic/camera ticketing to a whole new level.)

I've seen too many non Tesla vehicles parked at Tesla Superchargers. :mad:

Just a thought: Maybe there should be a sensor in all Tesla vehicles that is detected when a Tesla vehicle is parked in a Tesla spot? If a vehicle without the sensor is parked at a Tesla station, Tesla can be immediately notified and take proper action.

I suspect states would love the idea of an automated $100 -$500 fine for parking a ICE vehicle in an EV parking space.

City Of Raleigh Made $27,000 Last Year Via Tickets For Cars Parked In A Single EV Charging Spot

Last edited:
Can we stop pretending like it is inappropriate to discuss daily short interest of one of the most heavily shorted NASDAQ stocks in the short term price discussion thread? Discussing short term price movements is inherently speculative and open to interpretation but that is what this thread is specifically for FFS.
All I did was summarize Papafox's essay.

While the title looks like it is ONLY because of Trump. it appears many are doing it for many reasons.

“People are going for luxury [to] live underground because they see the future is going to be rough. Everyone I’ve talked to thinks we are doomed, no matter who is elected.” Robert Vicino, founder of an upscale bunker construction company, told The Hollywood Reporter. “Bill Gates has huge shelters under every one of his homes, in Rancho Santa Fe and Washington. His head of security visited with us a couple years ago, and for these multibillionaires, a few million is nothing. It’s really just the newest form of insurance.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/29/liberal-hollywood-millionaires-scramble-to-build-luxury-bunkers-for-trumpocalypse/#ixzz4PMsvpR4s

Gives new meaning to
Trickle down economics--

• Funny
Reactions: AlMc and TMSE
Condescension? please explain.

Nothing personal, I've been a fan of your posts for years and have openly said so. However, I agreed with WarpedOne on this one and also felt you're post was way below par for you. It seems many others agreed based on the feedback for Warped's post. My condescension remark was referring to a post you made sometime in the last 1-2 weeks I believe. I'm not fast at finding old posts so I'm not going to bother unless pushed.

If you want good posters then I suggest that you don't berate the good ones, like Dave.
<climbs off soapbox>

I'm pretty sure Dave is intelligent enough to not lose it and leave over one non worshipping comment. Way too much emotion in this forum at times for a group of intelligent people.

Nothing personal, I've been a fan of your posts for years and have openly said so. However, I agreed with WarpedOne on this one and also felt you're post was way below par for you. It seems many others agreed based on the feedback for Warped's post. My condescension remark was referring to a post you made sometime in the last 1-2 weeks I believe. I'm not fast at finding old posts so I'm not going to bother unless pushed.

I'm pretty sure Dave is intelligent enough to not lose it and leave over one non worshipping comment. Way too much emotion in this forum at times for a group of intelligent people.

It seemed like DaveT either still holding grudges with Elon's decision to buy SCTY as he probably got burned, or he turned short similar to mmd who was posting great stuff back in the day but for a while now every single post was negative In hope of causing the stock to go down. I hope I'm wrong but either ways its good to read their bearish stuff and identify if any of it might be true.

Mod Note:

Not bad! One day remaining.

Oh - if you don't think this Moderator hasn't had the normal angst over You-Know-What Day....been multiplied by the number of regular posters here....

....then you haven't been paying attention.

Okay: here's is one Off Topic but non-partisan observation for E.Day Eve: this afternoon on the freeway (I-17N) we saw this billboard:

VOTE! It's what your backward in-laws will be doing.

If you want good posters then I suggest that you don't berate the good ones, like Dave.
<climbs off soapbox>

It seemed like DaveT either still holding grudges with Elon's decision to buy SCTY as he probably got burned, or he turned short similar to mmd who was posting great stuff back in the day but for a while now every single post was negative In hope of causing the stock to go down. I hope I'm wrong but either ways its good to read their bearish stuff and identify if any of it might be true.

Nothing any of us post here will affect the SP of TSLA either up or down.

Before assuming a long time forum member's position on being bear or bull short term or long term has changed I usually PM, text or email them for their thoughts.

There are many valuable posters (I am not one of them) that have turned to sharing their thoughts privately because of the reception their views receive here.

Maybe they should have 'thicker skin'? But the fact remains that several have left or post very infrequently because of the reception they get here .

That leaves us all less informed.

Just one person's opinion.

Update: When I wrote the comment about bunkers, I had no idea a lot of people are actually building luxury bunkers just in case. :confused:

Panic, Anxiety Spark Rush to Build Luxury Bunkers for L.A.'s Superrich
These are the people who can afford to make their carbon foot print zero, these are the people who can support politicians who will support a carbon tax that will pave the path to sustainable transportation and energy....

And they spend it on bunkers? That will extend their existence for days?

Wow, just wow...

@Xpert Geez, so now I'm either a bitter man or a malicious short. What if I'm just a level-headed bull in a forum full of naive optimism and herd thinking? ;)

Added some more shares today. I didn't really care what the market was asking, I actually bought in at the high, but felt like it was a good purchase. Going to slowly add more on a monthly basis :)

My bet for the long term is that TSLA won't stop with acquiring SCTY, they'll likely own many more companies, adding extra legs to their mission. So the question is, who's next after scty?

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV and BobSk
@Xpert Geez, so now I'm either a bitter man or a malicious short. What if I'm just a level-headed bull in a forum full of naive optimism and herd thinking? ;)
Dave,
I agreed or disagreed with many of your long informative comments. No one is infallible, it is ultimately upon each of us to make our decisions. Listening to contrary opinions has actually helped me from making terrible mistakes. Having said that, I find the change in your tone unpalatable. It is not the content, but the tone.

For example, few days ago, you talked about you being level headed vs. some/most here religious. I find that condescending. Again you are repeating that you are level headed and the rest here have herd thinking.

While I value your feedback here highly, I do not find it any superior to mine or others. All our opinions made here are in good faith and is to help the community to make informed decisions on their own. Please do not insult our intelligence. Thank you.

I am new to posting on this forum but have been reading it for a while. Its funny how anyone who is even slightly sceptical of Tesla or Elon is branded as a short. I work in the nuclear industry and we are always concerned about Single Point Vulnerabilities (SPVs) here, i.e. any single component that if failed that can bring the entire reactor down. My biggest concern with this stock is Elon being a massive SPV for Tesla SP. His judgement calls (or first principle approach) can single handedly dictate the SP. That keeps me up at night...

Anyway, I appreciate DaveT's comments a lot. We need someone to bring balance to the force here, @DaveT might be the Chosen One ;)

Edit: I am a big Elon fan btw. Weather SP goes to 0 or 400, that will not change

Status
Not open for further replies.