Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People buying Model 3's are really going to buy solar at the same time?

Buying the Model 3 is a big enough financial decision for many, much less deciding to buy another $35k product

SCTY's business model is zero down solar panels. So you buy a Model 3 and when TSLA installs a charger at your home they put in some panels as well lowering your electricity bills and letting you power your car.

Not a bad deal if you ask me!

People buying Model 3's are really going to buy solar at the same time?

Buying the Model 3 is a big enough financial decision for many, much less deciding to buy another $35k product

SCTY's business model is zero down solar panels. So you buy a Model 3 and when TSLA installs a charger at your home they put in some panels as well lowering your electricity bills and letting you power your car.

SCTY increasing cost/watt is sales cost in Q1. That cost will go other direction (ie down) in sales cost through TSLA, when they sell the panels in their tesla stores.

EM thinks SCTY will actually be a net cash generator for tesla. He reiterated that SCTY will hit the FCF + in "short order". Goes on to say that he can't share certain nonpublic info.

Except that residential PPA is generally acknowledged as a bad deal.

Some mystery solar product advance that Musk can't talk about.... argh.

yup

If this is true, it would be the first time to my knowing for EM to act not for "the cause" but for his and his kins financial interest and not for the benefit oft TSLA shareholders / Tesla the firm. Would it not be better to acquire SCTY in a bail out situation ? As a long time shareholder and owner (since IPO ; ) i have difficulty to believe that. Let's see what the announcement brings.

Or this is him protecting his brand and companies he's associated with. Everything has been going well for Elon and he's seen as the savior of our planet. For something that he's been championing and has such a big part in to potentially fail would be an embarrassment to him and would also put a stink on all brands he's associated with.

Except that residential PPA is generally acknowledged as a bad deal.

Some mystery solar product advance that Musk can't talk about.... argh.

A bad deal for customers?

How can it be a bad deal....you lower your electricity bill with no costs. There might be BETTER deal if you buy it upfront but not everybody is willing to spend the money upfront.

It's cheaper overall to buy a smartphone upfront but very few people actually do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.