Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MBLY just said on conference call that they wont be extending partnership with Tesla after EyeQ3 chip.

Must mean that Tesla is doing their own thing. Very interesting!

It sounded like MBLY and Tesla didn't share view on how to proceed on autonomous driving.

EDIT: MBLY took at 23% dive 30 seconds after they stated this.

I am wondering whether this might get a negative reaction of the market...

• Funny
Reactions: madodel
MBLY just said on conference call that they wont be extending partnership with Tesla after EyeQ3 chip.

It sounded like MBLY and Tesla didn't share view on how to proceed on autonomous driving.

Once again Tesla looks to be developing its own tech. Should be pretty exciting whats on the horizon, especially with millions of autopilot miles being logged daily.

I am wondering whether this might get a negative reaction of the market...

Kinda depends on whether MBLY left Tesla out to dry because of disagreements on strategy or because Tesla is doing so well that MBLY does not wanna help Tesla anymore for fear of putting themselves out of business.

We know that Tesla hired chip engineers Tesla hires yet another chip architecture titan out of Apple’s PA Semi, feeding the rumor that it plans to design its own silicon - Most likely Tesla is creating their own chips and MBLY sees the writing on the wall.

Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL

Didn't Tesla hire a high profile SoC designer who used to work for Apple and AMD?

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
The spring is loaded.
I expect quite some short term traders looking at their weekly put positions after yesterday's great trading session knowing about today's TM press conference and more details to emerge till grand opening event of the GigaFactory later this week.
They know that the only thing that's left is hopium, usually not good.
TM already changed our world more than we have expected in less time than we have expected, and there is only more to come.
All the best to everybody who is working on a better future!

Hopefully Tesla and MobilyEye split over commercial/strategical reasons and not over technical limitations with the MobilEye platform that Tesla hopes to improve on by going alone. Because the finalized Model 3 design would mean that car will be shipping with MobilEye hardware that is technically limiting.

Kind of funny, isn't it. Just a few years ago, society was concerned that we were reaching the peak amount of oil we could produce, and that concern now seems to have given way to the concern that we're reaching the peak amount of oil we *want*.

I'm more interested in what happens to the other automakers. I think that once Tesla reaches the ability to provide as many Model 3's as the market will buy, the other automakers will have a very limited time to play catch up without dying. I'm especially concerned by the way a few of them are stubbornly sticking to their guns on FCEVs despite the mounting evidence showing that BEVs are better.

There are parallels to be drawn to the cell phone industry. Nokia and Blackberry were the kings of the castle, until Apple and Android came along, and turned the industry on its head. A couple of the older powerhouses like Samsung were able to adapt and survive, but Nokia and Blackberry changed too little, too late, and have been left in the dust. I expect the EV revolution to be the same. Some incumbent brands will adapt and survive, and some will be left behind if they don't adapt fast enough.
My guess is fiat Chrysler is the first to fall, the CEO is being militantly stubborn on ignoring evs

Status
Not open for further replies.