Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should 2015 85D still be on 2018.50.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... My car is out of warranty. ...
Correction: it's still in warranty.
Later news: yesterday on first drive since my previous reports in this thread, no cellular signal (in metro Las Vegas); cured by en route center screen reboot. Later, at home, car inaccessible via phone app until after Power Off reset. Still later, got another spurious "Software update is complete" notification on my phone.

I have a service appointment for tomorrow.

Later news: yesterday on first drive since my previous reports in this thread, no cellular signal (in metro Las Vegas); cured by en route center screen reboot. Later, at home, car inaccessible via phone app until after Power Off reset. Still later, got another spurious "Software update is complete" notification on my phone.

Yeah it definitely sounds like something is ... odd. It's not clear that it should require a service appointment, but if that's the way to get someone to look at your situation, so be it. Please continue to keep us updated...hope they get it all fixed soon!

Bruce.

Reactions: boaterva and croman
My 2018 S75D has been on 2018.50.6 version since February. I too have been waiting for these newer updates that I keep reading about in the forums. I also just developed the yellow border/edge on my center screen which I have been reading about. Otherwise, I have been very pleased with this, my first Tesla, which I have had since January.

I went and did the update this AM and drove 100 miles, no problems except AP seemed a little less smooth.

Took only 20 min to update on wifi.
It did all updates from 50.6 to 2109.

Verified software mode and Atari full screen...but, noted small horiz bubbles at top of MCU screen...have to get some duct tape to cover that...

I reset my car to factory defaults and got an update right away. It restarted like 5 times during this restart. Maybe try this if you get a chance and don't worry about losing too much. Might save you a trip to SC and fix some of the mcu issues.