Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I order the chargers separate from the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 2024 M3. But I heard that when you order and get the chargers in the same order, then they will come with your car. But I'd really like to get the charger installed ahead of time. So should I make two orders - one for the car and one for the charger - and then I can get the charger earlier on? Or is that not going to work out that way.

So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 2024 M3. But I heard that when you order and get the chargers in the same order, then they will come with your car. But I'd really like to get the charger installed ahead of time. So should I make two orders - one for the car and one for the charger - and then I can get the charger earlier on? Or is that not going to work out that way.
Order it separately and get it installed before taking delivery. Same price.

Only reason to order it with the car would be if you wanted it rolled into the loan.

Last edited:
Reactions: DomDeWild
Upvote 0
I ordered mine ahead of time and got it installed. If I understand the warranty correctly a separately purchased wall connector has a 4 year warranty. If purchased with the car it falls under the 4 yr/50k mile warranty…. In my case I would run the mileage out long before 4 years is reached.

• Informative
Reactions: fholbert
Upvote 0