Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shout out for Tesla Roadside Assistance!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a flat tire today, driving on the 5 freeway here in So Cal. Must have hit something big, as the tire sensor went off, and indicated that the tire pressure dropped rapidly to 0. Luckily, my family and I weren't too far from home when this happened.

I don't know what exactly Roadside Assistance covers, but my buddy (a Tesla S owner) told me to call them rather than AAA or use the gas station where we stopped. Ivan, our Tesla rep helped out immediately by sending an Uber driver to bring my family back home, and had a flatbed take the car to the nearest service center. The Uber driver arrived in literally 5 mins or so. Tow truck arrived not too much later.

At the SC, Louie(?) was able to show me what looked like the source of the flat was - a big gash in the sidewall. Luckily they had a tire on hand, and were able to replace it. Even though it was close to closing, they still were able to squeeze in a quick car wash before sending me on my merry way. Only out of pocket fee was a tip to the Uber driver and cost of the new tire (and install). Tow and Uber were free!

I love you Tesla! Can only imagine the headache this would have been with any other car (and company). Thanks!