Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shut the door twice to turn off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am dumbfounded by this. But has anyone had to open and shut the driver door twice to get the screens and a/c to turn off and lock. If I forget to do this the car will remain unlocked and keep running. Have no idea why.
2021 M3LR and I have exactly the same issue, no car seat in the back though. I’m out of warranty with 111000km on it.
I do think it may be something with the seat sensor, if I try to drive without the seatbelt it immediately moves to park. Our new Model Y does not do that.

I am dumbfounded by this. But has anyone had to open and shut the driver door twice to get the screens and a/c to turn off and lock. If I forget to do this the car will remain unlocked and keep running. Have no idea why.
I have the same thing going on. Only thing in the car is my wife’s light sweat shirt. I doubt that would cause seat sensors to presume someone is in the car.
All I know is I have to open and close the doors twice and then I can use the fob to shutdown the car and mirrors fold in
Scratching my head on this one