Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boot up delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the issue where you get in, and as soon as you shut the door the screens go blank?
And pressing the brake doesn't bring the car to life until about 15-20 seconds.
Even if I get in, keep the door open, so the screens are on, the brake pedal still won't activate the car until after that delay.
This wasn't a problem until recently.
Is the car rebooting a particular function every time I get in? It's not as long as a full reboot, so I don't think that's it.
Latest Update related? I'm on v11.1 (2024.8.4)

MCU2 - '15 MS

The doors opening isn't an issue.
It's a delay of the car going from "Shut Off" to awake where I can choose a gear when I get in.
The computers should come on when any door is opened. If the computers don't come on with any door opened, the computers take a bunch more power from the 12V battery, much like getting in an ICE vehicle with a 12V issue, and everything works except the starter motor when you are not getting sufficient power.

The computers should come on when any door is opened. If the computers don't come on with any door opened, the computers take a bunch more power from the 12V battery, much like getting in an ICE vehicle with a 12V issue, and everything works except the starter motor when you are not getting sufficient power.
Yeah, the screens do come on when a door opens.
They just shut off when I'm sitting in the car and close the door.
And I'm assuming it's not the seat sensor since pushing the brake won't wake the car either, until about 10-20 seconds.
So I'm leaning towards a software bug in the last update.

Reactions: DerbyDave