Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side camera view when reversing has disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my UK Model S 2017 car, for ages I could see the side camera views along with the rear view when I was reversing. However, for what seems like no apparent reason, this stopped working. The rear camera view still works but where the side camera views were, there is nothing. Doesn't seem to correlate to any software update I've downloaded/applied.

I've tried a main screen reboot with no joy. Has anyone else seen this or know how to resolve this?

Hello everyone!

I have a 2019 model S, my car has about 6 cameras but I can only view the rear one while parking. Please tell me if anyone knows how can I activate the other cameras, it will help me a lot.

Also I can’t view live camera on sentry, the car only records lot of events directly on the usb from all the cameras.

I have searched for any upgrades, but my car doesn’t display any upgrades available, wich is also pretty wierd.

I can't answer all your questions, but some:
1) There are 8 cameras on your 2019 S - only four are recorded on the USB (Front, Rear, and Sides).
2) To get Sentry mode video on your phone, you need to enable the option. I think it is in the car under Controls -> Security.
3) FSD would be the only upgrade available, so it's likely you already have FSD.

Hello everyone!

I have a 2019 model S, my car has about 6 cameras but I can only view the rear one while parking. Please tell me if anyone knows how can I activate the other cameras, it will help me a lot.

Also I can’t view live camera on sentry, the car only records lot of events directly on the usb from all the cameras.

I have searched for any upgrades, but my car doesn’t display any upgrades available, wich is also pretty wierd.
As the reply above said, put car in reverse. You will notice a small up arrow at the bottom of the screen. Click on it. Your side cameras will display. I thank RedTesY above fore pointing it out to me, too!