Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side panel for driver seat popped off!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently discovered the side panel on my driver seat is loose! It appears the rivet came apart.
Has anyone had this issue before and have a simple fix?
It would be great to hear your insight!
Thanks
D607BA42-96D8-4796-9C1D-766919AFF781.jpeg

SC will fix that under warranty. Just ask them to use the old type screws instead of the pins they use now (which is why that separated). Once mine was fixed with screws, I never had the issue again. Those that get fixed with pins are inevitably back at the SC for the same issue.

Upvote 0
SC will fix that under warranty. Just ask them to use the old type screws instead of the pins they use now (which is why that separated). Once mine was fixed with screws, I never had the issue again. Those that get fixed with pins are inevitably back at the SC for the same issue.
True, except there was about a 5 week wait to get an appointment at my local SC and about a 30min drive each way, and I was able to fix it myself in about 30 seconds. Good tip on the screw fix. Next time I’m going to the SC I’ll see if I can get them to swap the pins for screws.

Reactions: ScottNY
Upvote 0
Good advice. I’ll try this also. Tight area underneath but always a solution.

Reactions: ScottNY
Upvote 0