Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help with repair/replacement options of rear right panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accidentally scraped my rear right panel in a parking lot against a concrete wall. The rear side is damaged and quarter panel has scrapes that may require repainting as shown in photos. How much would something like this to be fixed? Also, is it better to claim it through insurance (i have first time forgiveness) if so, can my insurer pay for it at the tesla approved shops instead of their preferred service center? or should i try to fix it out of pocket?

Attachments

• IMG_1908.jpeg
    IMG_1908.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 95
How much would something like this to be fixed? Also, is it better to claim it through insurance (i have first time forgiveness) if so, can my insurer pay for it at the tesla approved shops instead of their preferred service center? or should i try to fix it out of pocket?
Same decision tree as with any other vehicle accident situation:
  1. Get a body shop quote
  2. Compare the cost to your deductible, plus probability and magnitude of side-effects of making a claim through your insurance company
  3. Pick the cheaper of the two options.
The only complication with a Tesla is the the number of "certified" body shops has not kept up with vehicle sales, so your wait times will likely be measured in months, not days.

HTH,
a