Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As i was rewatching Simon's videos I decided to google "Simon Sinek Elon Musk" not really expecting to find anything important. Luckily this was in my top 5 searches and seeing as I've been posting on here for a couple months i'd love to share my views on this.

Firstly, at the core of it, both Elon and Simon are Optimists. They have a positive outlook on life and I would argue most people who can appreciate both of them are also optimists. I know I am.

I also think that Elon exemplifies what Simon preaches. Simon talks about authenticity. He talks about how what you say and what you do must align for people to trust you. Elon fits the bill. Elon has an unprecedented vision and is hell-bent on making it come true. Its what drives him to lead 2 multi-billion dollar companies and work insane hours.

I think this is just the begining of the Elon fandom. People see Steve Jobs as an idol. What Elon will accomplish during his lifetime will be so beyond Steve Jobs that I cannot even fathom it. I am excited for the future.

What would Simon say about Elon Musk? He'd say what i've pointed out above.

What I'd be more interested in seeing is what Elon can learn from Simon. I'd love to see a discussion between Elon and Simon on how they can help each other become the greatest version of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Something else that i think i should mention is that Elon is successful because of the people around him. Though (from my limited prospective) i dont think Elon implements exactly what Simon talks about, Elon has empowered his engineers and employees, who've always had great potential, and he's gotten people to buy into his vision. He has given then the opportunity to do great things. Elon is truely one of the few great thinkers, doers, and leaders of our generation.