Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM Volume Scratchy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is the same version I updated to. I lost all SXM for the first day or so. Rebooted a couple of times, and it finally started playing better than ever after the update "settled in". If you just updated, give it a day or two.

un freaking real.

Here's what I'm experiencing:

I went and did some testing to see if I could isolate the problems. I started by resetting by holding the scroll wheels. After resetting, the problem was still there. This has always been isolated to using SXM or FM radio. Listening to either SXM or FM while making EQ adjustments causes the audio to a lot more have pops and even some skips. I couldn’t replicate the audio problems while using Apple Music or Bluetooth. Adjusting the volume, changing the EQ or starting dashcam playback wouldn’t cause any problems when using the other sources.

To isolate the MCU from anything external, I unplugged both of my USB cables from the ports in the console. With the cables unplugged, I tested SXM again and the problems were still there. This time, I did another reset leaving the USB cables unplugged. After resetting with the USB cables unplugged it seems to be fixed! I now have no audio problems during playback of SXM or FM or when adjusting EQ settings. From there, I plugged both of my USB cables back in to see if that caused any problems. So far, it’s still working! Hopefully this is a known way to remedy the problem even if it does come back. It seems strange that I never had to unplug the same USB cables with other updates. I'll take what I can get. It's better than waiting for Tesla to do something about it. If the problem returns, I'll post an update to this thread.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Here's what I'm experiencing:

I went and did some testing to see if I could isolate the problems. I started by resetting by holding the scroll wheels. After resetting, the problem was still there. This has always been isolated to using SXM or FM radio. Listening to either SXM or FM while making EQ adjustments causes the audio to a lot more have pops and even some skips. I couldn’t replicate the audio problems while using Apple Music or Bluetooth. Adjusting the volume, changing the EQ or starting dashcam playback wouldn’t cause any problems when using the other sources.

To isolate the MCU from anything external, I unplugged both of my USB cables from the ports in the console. With the cables unplugged, I tested SXM again and the problems were still there. This time, I did another reset leaving the USB cables unplugged. After resetting with the USB cables unplugged it seems to be fixed! I now have no audio problems during playback of SXM or FM or when adjusting EQ settings. From there, I plugged both of my USB cables back in to see if that caused any problems. So far, it’s still working! Hopefully this is a known way to remedy the problem even if it does come back. It seems strange that I never had to unplug the same USB cables with other updates. I'll take what I can get. It's better than waiting for Tesla to do something about it. If the problem returns, I'll post an update to this thread.

i tried that last time with no luck. hopefully it is a work around this time, but i wouldn’t hold my breath.