Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 Tesla 3. My old car had a transferable SiriusXM subscription but the 3 doesn’t support SiriusXM. I know that there are module kits that can be installed but if I do it I will totally mess it up.

Is there any way I can get it professionally installed?

I don't know of a Sirius XM module for Tesla cars that don't have one so here are a couple of options I can think of, in no particular order:
* Keep just a streaming Sirius XM subscription, and play it from your phone to your car via BlueTooth. We often do this since we have Sirius on our other vehicle and so one stream via the app is available at no extra cost. Of course, this uses your phone's data plan.
* Try out one of the music streaming apps that come with the car (Apple Music, Spotify, etc.), which would use the Tesla data plan.

Upvote 0
It is easy to find out what processor you have. Car -> Software -> Additional Vehicle Information. Look for "Infotainment Processor".

There is news from the thread that I referenced above. An MY owner reports a working Ryzen installation. The M3 group is seeing if someone has the parts and time to try to reproduce the result.

Reactions: Joesmoe3
Upvote 0
never understood why Tesla doesn't just allow the app like it does with Spotify?

but it is very simple just to stream it from phone via bluetooth....never understood why some people spend $100's and countless hours trying to install it with old school antennas etc. when you can just simply stream it on the app from your phone?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Fundamentally, we’re dealing with RF, and SiriusXM - the merger of two satellite based streaming services, like Starlink et. al., are driven to certain frequencies to achieve practical data rates, and the energies involved are so low, the tiny antennas in cell phones are impractical to receive such services directly. So in this case, streaming from the phone is NOT equivalent to modifying the vehicle to receive SiriusXM.
You may or may not remember the little fanfare when Elon Musk appeared on stage with T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert announcing an initiative to ‘eliminate dead zones’ for cell phones by offering satellite connectivity.
The caveats are huge - the phone has to be open to the sky, and the data rates when connection is possible, allow basically tweets.

Please count me in to follow the crowd (or the few) when this is worked out.

Upvote 0
never understood why Tesla doesn't just allow the app like it does with Spotify?

but it is very simple just to stream it from phone via bluetooth....never understood why some people spend $100's and countless hours trying to install it with old school antennas etc. when you can just simply stream it on the app from your phone?:rolleyes:
Sigh. This comment always shows up in any SiriusXM thread.

We do not all live in SoCal. Some of us live and drive in mountain areas that have spotty cellular data. Some of us do not have unlimited data on their cell phones. And some of us are in both of these camps.

I hope that this aids in your understanding of why a satellite connection is attractive to some of us. Some of us cannot simply stream it from our phones over bluetooth because our phones cannot receive a data signal and/or the lack of unlimited data makes it cost prohibitive over time compared to spending a little money up front.

Upvote 0
Almost everything that you would want to know about this can be found at Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

Unfortunately for the OP, the biggest thing that you should know is that no one has reported getting this working on an AMD Ryzen car. To date the mod only works on Intel based cars.
I believe that user with a AMD car and plaid tuner reported that with the latest software update, XM is now working for him as well.

Upvote 0