Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sister in law buying a new model 3 (Canada version)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sister in law, from Toronto, was going to buy a new Prius for almost the same money as a Model 3. I explained the situation to her and I think I have her convinced. Does anyone know what type of batter the base Canadian Model 3 has?
The base Model 3 is the Model 3 RWD and it has an LFP battery, same as mine. It's a great battery chemistry IMHO.

I'd suggest that she also purchase a CCS1 adapter to take advantage of the CCS1 DCFCs around Toronto and Ontario. BTW, my wife and I drove our M3 from BC to Niagara Falls and then Toronto, and back to BC, from May 6 to 21 and it was no problem at all... We mostly used Tesla SCs but there was a few times when we charged at CCS1 DCFCs whilst having a meal.

The base Model 3 is the Model 3 RWD and it has an LFP battery, same as mine. It's a great battery chemistry IMHO.

I'd suggest that she also purchase a CCS1 adapter to take advantage of the CCS1 DCFCs around Toronto and Ontario. BTW, my wife and I drove our M3 from BC to Niagara Falls and then Toronto, and back to BC, from May 6 to 21 and it was no problem at all... We mostly used Tesla SCs but there was a few times when we charged at CCS1 DCFCs whilst having a meal.
Thank you.

I think the LFP battery is the one that go to 100% and stay there?

Cricket vs Baseball ?
Oh, you may mean battery.
Check with Tesla.
Some are now coming from China, so they may have LFP.
They have Baseball in Canada. Toronto has the MLB Blue Jays team. I think you are thinking of England 🤓