Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ski/snowboard rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a bad idea.

Let us know if you find something wide enough. You probably wouldn't need quite 72 inches wide for 185 cm skis since you'd be able to lay your longest skis diagonally.

I've also generally thought about simply using my hard shell case inside my car (to protect the interior) and sticking them through the second row seats (only 2 in our case). We've actually driven that way (to bring the skis to the airport) and it works fine.

So, I've only been able to find one cargo box that could potentially fit a snowboard or skis. GearSpace 34 Enclosed Cargo Carrier for 2" Hitch - Slide Out - 34 cu ft - 300 lbs - Dark Gray Lets Go Aero Hitch Cargo Carrier HGK819 But it cost $1500 and it makes a full size van look 9months pregnant.

I have a model X with autopilot 2 and so I won't want to block sensors or cameras.

I have a Yakima full swing bike rack, is there a way to adapt that for snowboards? I really like that I can swing everything to the side to get full trunk access.

I see there is a Tesla (Yakima) tilt rack ...which is sorta a PITA because everytime you want to open the trunk you have to tilt it, and still it's in the way. Ideally I'd just adapt the Yakima Full Swing.

I have a model X with autopilot 2 and so I won't want to block sensors or cameras.

I have a Yakima full swing bike rack, is there a way to adapt that for snowboards? I really like that I can swing everything to the side to get full trunk access.

I see there is a Tesla (Yakima) tilt rack ...which is sorta a PITA because everytime you want to open the trunk you have to tilt it, and still it's in the way. Ideally I'd just adapt the Yakima Full Swing.

HitchSki