Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Favorites is Buggy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent the following to Slacker support (not expecting much from such a crappy service) because I am having a very annoying issue on the "Favorites" station in the car, on the website, and on my phone. Anyone else noticed this?

"I have gone through My Music and removed all of the songs and artists I no longer want to hear on my Favorites station. However, even after a few days have passed, those same songs and artists continue to show up on my Favorites station during normal rotation! Very frustrating. On the website, I am unable to "dislike" them for some reason (it appears as though they are already disliked, which means it won't let me click on it... clicking on it multiple times does nothing as the song/artist continues to play anyway). In my car (Tesla), I can at least click the downvote button again and it will skip them. But these same songs and artists continue to show up there too even though I've removed them from my list of tracks/artists on the website. What the hell do I have to do to stop this from happening?"

I even "banned" a few artists using the website but they show up again and again anyway. Slacker sucks...

If Tesla doesn't give us the option of using Spotify soon I guess I'll have to stick with Pandora via bluetooth. Bummer to have to do that in such an advanced car in order to use a competent music streaming service.

I notice it almost daily. For some reason Slacker seems to think I like rap music! The only style of music I ever give a thumbs up to is of the classic rock genre. The horror of it all...........first world problems.

This is me exactly. Super annoying. I have it streaming my favorites now at work while charting so I can specifically ban artist on the PC to stop them from showing up in my car.

Reactions: Lu Ann
I'm still salty that I can no longer play by name... When I say "play centerfield" instead of just playing it like it used to, I now get a "centerfield station" from slacker and if I skip forward enough times (one time just a little over 30 skips) I'll get to the song I want to listen to so I just stopped trying...

Jeff

Reactions: Mattzilla
Slacker and the Tesla UI for it are awful. I selected about 30 diverse songs I like and the Favorites station was not giving me enough variety. So last night I spent an hour on my computer searching for about 50 albums I like and favoriting them. This morning I discovered that this made the bottom row of favorites (in which I also had several broadcast stations and some TuneIn stations, and my flash drive) totally unusable. I would have to scroll, scroll, scroll to move from the broadcast stations to Slacker Favorites or my USB drive. Every single album showed up in that row. Yet, when I played the Slacker Favorites station, I got exactly the same selection of songs that I had prior to all the work last night. OMG!

I wish Tesla would let us use any music service I subscribe to. I have already trained Google Music and it does a very good job of playing a diverse playlist based on my likes.

Since this post I did a full car reset and it did not change anything on Slacker. I really feel bad if anyone sells their car and the new owner has to deal with this sh1t system.

Things I have thumbed down continue to show up on favorites. Artists I've banned on the website continue to show up on favorites. Recently ESPN sports updates started showing up. I've disabled it on both the website and the Android app but it happens anyway. Garbage.

So I'm still sticking with Pandora, which actually listens to user preferences.