Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio Not Finding Artist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but I am having issues with Slacker.

When I hit "search song," and type in the name of an artist, nothing shows up. The attached video shows what I mean.

I had my car in for service last week for a different issue, and the techs could not figure out what was up with it.

Any thoughts?

January 31, 2020

Reactions: evalst2018
Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but I am having issues with Slacker.

When I hit "search song," and type in the name of an artist, nothing shows up. The attached video shows what I mean.

I had my car in for service last week for a different issue, and the techs could not figure out what was up with it.

Any thoughts?

January 31, 2020
I had the same problem today. All I got was podcasts. I can't find any threads. Have you been able to solve it?

same here.....I've been meaning to start a post about this.

I can no longer do a search for artist or song on slacker.....im wondering if it has something to do with "spotify"
I did the free trial of spotify and it was great..when i did a search it searched spotify database and found my song or artist.
But now that my free trial has run out and im back to just Slacker it doesnt find my searches anymore.
Im wondering if there is a way to "undo" or cancel or turn off Spotify?

sure seems its related somehow IMO.

Reactions: evalst2018
same here.....I've been meaning to start a post about this.

I can no longer do a search for artist or song on slacker.....im wondering if it has something to do with "spotify"
I did the free trial of spotify and it was great..when i did a search it searched spotify database and found my song or artist.
But now that my free trial has run out and im back to just Slacker it doesnt find my searches anymore.
Im wondering if there is a way to "undo" or cancel or turn off Spotify?

sure seems its related somehow IMO.

I think you're right. I read somewhere around here (can't find the thread) that if you ever set up spotify, the song search will default to that for good. I don't know if there's an easy way to reset this to slacker. Maybe an MCU factory restore, or try to logout/login to Slacker.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
Reactions: cucubits
I too had the same issue. I purchased a used Model S and Slacker worked fine except, when I tried to search, all it returned was Podcast and Caraoke.
I had opened multiple tickets via Tesla to which I received no reply after 4 weeks.
Follwing suggestions above, I clicked on Spotify and noticed the old owners name and password which of course did not work. I created a new premium account on Spotify and then logged in from the car using new credentials. I then logged off the account in the car and deleted the newly created premium account. Now all search for songs and albums works fine on Slacker.