Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I upgraded to MCU 2 and I have a keyboard dilemma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just returned a Y loaner and finally received my 2017 Model S with all the latest updates. AP and MCU 2 all that crap, well… not really crap it was definitely worth the price ($2600.00)

I have a major issue with a few apps, but most I don’t use. I do use Slacker Radio, (LiveOne) or Streaming as named on Tesla. I have an account, but can not log in. This is not a network issue or account issue. It’s a keyboard issue, and Tesla has not responded to my inquiry.

Basically… how do you log in, with my email address… when there’s no @ symbol?

My Spotify and Apple Music work just fine and provided the proper keyboard. It’s just Slacker.

Edit - It’s not just Slacker. Using Navigation has no space bar anymore either. When I type, it will find the address, but it’s weird. “256littlefieldroad…” instead of MCU 1 “256 Littlefield Road”.

Just in case someone needs this… it’s running 2023.26.12

Attachments

• IMG_1001.jpeg
    IMG_1001.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I have the same keyboard in Slacker as I have for navigation. If you haven't tried a hard reboot yet I would try that first. The best hard reboot method is to go into controls and change your wheel size. After the car reboots go back into wheel size and change it back to what you have on your car. See if that helps and please let us know.

Reactions: sjdaniels
I have the same keyboard in Slacker as I have for navigation. If you haven't tried a hard reboot yet I would try that first. The best hard reboot method is to go into controls and change your wheel size. After the car reboots go back into wheel size and change it back to what you have on your car. See if that helps and please let us know.
Well, changing the tires didn’t do anything but lock the wheel and say “Powered Off” on the instrument cluster.

I got a text message from my samba server in the vehicle that it’s backing up videos… so I will wait a bit for the NAS upload to complete and try again.

Well, changing the tires didn’t do anything but lock the wheel and say “Powered Off” on the instrument cluster.

I got a text message from my samba server in the vehicle that it’s backing up videos… so I will wait a bit for the NAS upload to complete and try again.
I waited a bit and then just did the dual scroll wheel method. The unit rebooted and I now have the proper keyboard. Yeah! Problem now is “Premium Subscription Required” - Really!? I never had a “Premium Subscription” previously and I used it a lot with the MCU 1. Kinda sucks. I pay $100 per year for Apple Music and $100 a year for Spotify… so, I don’t think that’s going to happen. Especially with 384GB of FLAC audio on the Raspberry Pi.

I would just like to say thank you though, the keyboard is fixed and I am grateful for the quick and easy solution. Kudos.

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 63
I have "Premium Connectivity - Free Unlimited", is that what you're asking?
Yes, that shows you are entitled to it. Looks like when they upgraded your MCU they didn't sign back in to streaming music with the account that is generated for your car. You will have to contact Tesla to assist. You can use the app to open a new case, or if the service center is close to you head back there and ask.

Yes, that shows you are entitled to it. Looks like when they upgraded your MCU they didn't sign back in to streaming music with the account that is generated for your car. You will have to contact Tesla to assist. You can use the app to open a new case, or if the service center is close to you head back there and ask.
Yes, based on your previous question I did some searching and figured that out. Like when I have a loaner, Streaming works out of the box while other applications require an account.

I opened a service request and they approved a mobile visit in November, only available appointment, and of course it’s on a Wednesday from 12:00-4:00. This is my major issue with Tesla and I feel it may be the downfall of my loyalty to the brand. I now lose another day of work for their oversight.

My nearest service center is 98 miles away, and I knew that before purchase, but their availability is always at least one month out. I did not know that. I mean, we’re talking about something their techs forgot to check and now I’m inconvenienced and paying for it.

Hey Elon, let’s talk right to repair 🤣 Ridiculous!

Hopefully they will just remotely connect to the car to fix it and then close out the request. I would also ask them if they can just send you the info so you can enter it yourself.

I hope you are Slacking soon!
Oh… here’s the latest. Sundays I do laundry, vacuum and dust. I also clean my car. Last Sunday, I used leather protector on all the interior leather. No issues. When I received the Tesla back the mechanic literally drove it to me, got out and I got in. I noticed smudges and literal fingerprints all over EVERYTHING. So, no problem… I’m cleaning. Just found they ripped the leather! Looks like tools left in someone’s pocket or something… but it’s definitely not wear and most positively wasn’t there last Sunday. MF!

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpeg
    IMG_1018.jpeg
    948.9 KB · Views: 56