Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just realized after a year what slacker was. Have been searching forums and contacted both Tesla and slacker about upgrading and it’s all confusing.

Slacker says I can’t upgrafe a Tesla account. So do I get a new account and upgrade?

Has anyone done it and is it worth the $10/mo? Was excited about the potentially for my own play lists and to play specific songs.

TIA

Correct. You can't "upgrade" the Tesla provided account but you can create your own premium account at slacker.com and use your login and password in your Tesla to access the premium features. But the improvements aren't as good as you might expect. The ability to skip backwards and play whole albums only works within a playlist that you have to create on the slacker website or your slacker phone app (i.e. you create a separate playlist for each album you want access to). It doesn't give you the ability to request the car play a specific album separate from playlists, and it doesn't give you the ability to skip backward while listening to a slacker station.