Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is my 2013 Model S worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BK60

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2023
Indianapolis
Hi All,

I have a 2013 model S 40 kwh. I've only owned it a few months and it's been flawless, but I'm wondering if I should consider selling it and buying a couple year old model 3 to avoid potential large expenses, but I'd like opinions on what the realistic resale value is and how easy/difficult it will be to sell it.

I've attached a screenshot of the dealership listing that I saved from when I bought it in November.

It has 77,000 miles and drives very well - no battery or DU related warnings of any kind. Rated range at 68% charge (which is "fully charged" since it's a software locked 60 kwh battery) is 123 miles. It has upgraded MCU2, free premium connectivity, and turn by turn navigation. There are a decent number of dings/dents/scratches at various places on the outside. Most are fairly small but there is one couple inch dent on rear left door with some paint scratched off that is noticeable from further away. Everything else isn't noticeable unless you're pretty close.

Original battery but drive unit was replaced by previous owner under warranty (I can't remember when the SC said this was done). If I remember right I'm the second owner.

I live in Indianapolis if that helps on pricing it. I bought it for $13,995 in November and at that time I don't think there was a cheaper clean title, running Tesla anywhere in the midwest. I realize with the age and small driving range this is going to be worth less than almost any other Tesla model, but wondering if I could still fetch $12 or 13k (or more) through private sale.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 45