Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Issues after Infotainment Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Car: 2017 Model S, 75D - MCU1, AP2.5, Premium Internet (or whatever it's called)
Infotainment Upgrade: MCU2, AP 3.0

Issue:
When I request a song in Spotify, the song will play. But after the song completes, Spotify will attempt to reply the same song again (instead of advancing to the next song) but skip like a record over and over for ~8 seconds and then stop.

Question:
Will resetting the software on my Telsa using the "Service Mode software reinstall" or a Factory Reset fix my Spotify? Service Mode Reinstall: Link: youtu.be/ryaWtCJiwMc

TL;DR
Ever since upgrading my Infotainment system to MCU2, AP3.0, Spotify has been terrible in one area: playing multiple songs. For the most part it works perfectly for a single song. For example: [voice command button] "Play Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top". The car will (usually) perfectly execute this command on Spotify using my premium subscription. The result? I'm rocking to Sharp Dressed Man with the sunfoof open!

The next thing that happens is where the fail comes in. After the song finishes, Spotify is supposed to advance to another song that is "similar to" Sharp Dressed Man. In essence, when I requested the first song, Spotify queues it up as "Sharp Dressed Man radio". What happens instead is that the song tries to repeat itself multiple times over and over...so it's like hearing the first rif of the song like a record skipping. It'll do this about 5 to 10 times and then stop.

If I search for an album, like ZZ Top Eliminator, and play a song, Spotify will successfully cycle songs on the album. But when it comes to a Spotify "Radio" song, it simply cannot go past the first song.

This only happens in my car. It does not happen on the phone or in my home Sonos system...or anywhere else for that matter.

Has anyone ever experienced and fixed this issue? As I state above, it only started after my infotainment upgrade.

Troubleshooting
I've tried logging out and logging back into Spotify - no change.

What I'm Considering:
1) Reinstall Software using Service Mode - Based on the video above. Many have done this ... wondering if this is a legitimate fix.
2) Factory Reset - This will factory reset the car - not desireable but will do if this will resolves the Spotify issue.

Incidentally, Disney Plus has never worked since the Infotainment upgrade although I don't think I'm alone here.

Other suggestions for the Spotify issue? Others experiencing this?

Last edited:
Seems to be a software issue recently with Spotify. Have not had this issue, but have had (usually after getting back into the car during the day) where Spotify will give me the spinning wheel and not load anything new. If I do the 'two-button reboot', after the MCU restarts it will work again for a while.

Original Car: 2017 Model S, 75D - MCU1, AP2.5, Premium Internet (or whatever it's called)
Infotainment Upgrade: MCU2, AP 3.0

Issue:
When I request a song in Spotify, the song will play. But after the song completes, Spotify will attempt to reply the same song again (instead of advancing to the next song) but skip like a record over and over for ~8 seconds and then stop.

Question:
Will resetting the software on my Telsa using the "Service Mode software reinstall" or a Factory Reset fix my Spotify? Service Mode Reinstall: Link: youtu.be/ryaWtCJiwMc

TL;DR
Ever since upgrading my Infotainment system to MCU2, AP3.0, Spotify has been terrible in one area: playing multiple songs. For the most part it works perfectly for a single song. For example: [voice command button] "Play Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top". The car will (usually) perfectly execute this command on Spotify using my premium subscription. The result? I'm rocking to Sharp Dressed Man with the sunfoof open!

The next thing that happens is where the fail comes in. After the song finishes, Spotify is supposed to advance to another song that is "similar to" Sharp Dressed Man. In essence, when I requested the first song, Spotify queues it up as "Sharp Dressed Man radio". What happens instead is that the song tries to repeat itself multiple times over and over...so it's like hearing the first rif of the song like a record skipping. It'll do this about 5 to 10 times and then stop.

If I search for an album, like ZZ Top Eliminator, and play a song, Spotify will successfully cycle songs on the album. But when it comes to a Spotify "Radio" song, it simply cannot go past the first song.

This only happens in my car. It does not happen on the phone or in my home Sonos system...or anywhere else for that matter.

Has anyone ever experienced and fixed this issue? As I state above, it only started after my infotainment upgrade.

Troubleshooting
I've tried logging out and logging back into Spotify - no change.

What I'm Considering:
1) Reinstall Software using Service Mode - Based on the video above. Many have done this ... wondering if this is a legitimate fix.
2) Factory Reset - This will factory reset the car - not desireable but will do if this will resolves the Spotify issue.

Incidentally, Disney Plus has never worked since the Infotainment upgrade although I don't think I'm alone here.

Other suggestions for the Spotify issue? Others experiencing this?
I’m currently thinking of doing the same upgrade and wanted to know if you thought it was worth having it done. (besides the Spotify issues) thanks