Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleeping in your Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you get the mattress from and roughly how much if you don't mind me asking? I was tempted to just do a blow up mattress so that it saved more space when not in use. Not got my M3 yet so cant try it out yet.
I ordered from here using their foam cut to shape service. I opted for a 2 peice, curved tshape (back of seats and into boot) and then a curved seat cushion into the boot. This allowed me to fill out all of the space. I’m happy to share exact details of the order if you’d like. All in all it came to £120 I believe, but that could have been 20-30% less if Id known what I know now.

Foam Cut to Size - GB Foam Direct - Best UK Foam Suppliers

I ordered from here using their foam cut to shape service. I opted for a 2 peice, curved tshape (back of seats and into boot) and then a curved seat cushion into the boot. This allowed me to fill out all of the space. I’m happy to share exact details of the order if you’d like. All in all it came to £120 I believe, but that could have been 20-30% less if Id known what I know now.

Please! I was going to order from the but 3 pieces.

Attachments

• 54481CD5-A7BE-46E9-8974-7D8D18569A86.jpeg
    54481CD5-A7BE-46E9-8974-7D8D18569A86.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 83CC08F5-61B0-4C11-A7F4-03C3C44D61DD.jpeg
    83CC08F5-61B0-4C11-A7F4-03C3C44D61DD.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 82
  • B29EDFF1-A729-4D93-BBDE-7C7CC5973BE4.jpeg
    B29EDFF1-A729-4D93-BBDE-7C7CC5973BE4.jpeg
    444.6 KB · Views: 87

Thank you @Joelly I will come back to this thread when its time. £120 is far more realistic price of what I would pay for something like this, and you've proven it to work.

Have you had many nights in the car, and how did it go?

Thank you @Joelly I will come back to this thread when its time. £120 is far more realistic price of what I would pay for something like this, and you've proven it to work.

Have you had many nights in the car, and how did it go?
Please do. I thought so to, if you are happy with/prefer less overhang, happy with a different foam and a slightly less depth then (with the discount) you could probably get that down to £80-£90

Was just a straight copy of the Dreamcase one, so three equal thirds horizontally (90x194cm laid out, 90x64cm folded). £43.73 per piece.
Ah I see. I opted for width over the back seats and into the boot as far as possible. 94cm at its narrowest, 130cm at its widest. By doing 2 piece and wider at the front means that it stores like the pictures.

Did you go stockinettes or not?
I didn’t, but you can see that I have had to wrap each piece in a duvet cover. Stockinette was £4 an item if I remember correctly. Probably worth it, and then maybe something similar to what I’ve done on top of that.