Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SLIDING SUNROOF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully, never. In all of the cars I've owned with sunroofs I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually opened it.

In exchange you get another point of failure, potential leaks, additional weight, loss of headroom etc. Then the wind noise when it is open. No thanks.

I know some people like them. I'm sure there are others in my camp. To each their own.

Upvote 0
Hopefully, never. In all of the cars I've owned with sunroofs I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually opened it.

In exchange you get another point of failure, potential leaks, additional weight, loss of headroom etc. Then the wind noise when it is open. No thanks.

I know some people like them. I'm sure there are others in my camp. To each their own.
Yeah, this. I found them annoying and hardly ever used them, but for some reason I always had to have them

Upvote 0
I disagree with the anti-sunroof crowd (but to each his own). On my prior sunroof-equipped car I used it all the time. Open to fresh air, or even tilting it up a bit for venting, is nice - and helps avoid using A/C. No matter what the Tesla salespeople say, the glass roofs on Teslas are not a substitute. Of necessity, they're so darkly tinted that 90% of the time you can't see through it anyway - so what's the point?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If they offered a functional sunroof as an option I'd pay good money for one. And next time I buy I'll probably prioritize any EV manufacturer's car if it's available with a functioning sunroof. Surely it can't be absolutely impossible to engineer a weather-tight sunroof at a rational price point - literally every other car manufacturer does so even for their "cheap" models.

Upvote 0