Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slipping Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Model Y (white, everything standard) 5/25 and was told 3-13 weeks for delivery. Delivery dates steadily slipped until November-December, then last week we were told "October" which was slightly encouraging. Just checked and delivery dates now are 11/25 to 12/15. My nextdoor neighbor, who ordered his blue Model Y in late June, is taking delivery this Wednesday. Local Tesla dealer said "don't worry about stated delivery dates!" Why can't I get a straight answer out of Tesla as to when the car will be delivered. I have been on hold for 35 minutes waiting to speak with someone from the Tesla dealership. We are on the verge of canceling our order given what I consider a near lack of customer service. Any suggestions to how to speed things up, or at least get a useful response from Tesla? Thanks.

Ordered my Model Y (white, everything standard) 5/25 and was told 3-13 weeks for delivery. Delivery dates steadily slipped until November-December, then last week we were told "October" which was slightly encouraging. Just checked and delivery dates now are 11/25 to 12/15. My nextdoor neighbor, who ordered his blue Model Y in late June, is taking delivery this Wednesday. Local Tesla dealer said "don't worry about stated delivery dates!" Why can't I get a straight answer out of Tesla as to when the car will be delivered. I have been on hold for 35 minutes waiting to speak with someone from the Tesla dealership. We are on the verge of canceling our order given what I consider a near lack of customer service. Any suggestions to how to speed things up, or at least get a useful response from Tesla? Thanks.
Rhetorical question, I assume.

Thanks for the replies. Actually, about a month ago I called Tesla (not the local dealer) and asked what was going on. The customer service rep, evidently trying to blow me off, said he just checked and I'd have it on 9/3, although the expected delivery date continued to read November-December. We've done the webinar "Getting to Know Your Tesla" which I figured meant we were close to delivery. I guess not. Mysteriously the delivery date was changed to "October" then today went back to 11/25-12/6. Beginning to wonder if we'll ever see the car!

Delivery date has now slipped to 12/6-12/27. Apparently we will not be getting the car in 2021. Isn't seven month delivery time excessive by anyone's standards? And I have yet to get a coherent, useful reply from Tesla.

Delivery date has now slipped to 12/6-12/27. Apparently we will not be getting the car in 2021. Isn't seven month delivery time excessive by anyone's standards? And I have yet to get a coherent, useful reply from Tesla.
7 months for a Model Y. Model S owners waiting 9+ months. And crickets from Tesla.

Competition is coming and it will be welcome.

No date means nothing, I’ve seen that appear several times and wouldn’t hold your breath.
We have been waiting for my Mother’s model Y LR black interior 19 inch wheels no tow hitch no FSD ordered on 4/17. I had to update the trade in mileage 3 times, now 2nd time updating the income and finance 2nd time. Schedule now shows October 5 to November 14. The sales rep was sure I was getting it July and then August and then September. He just stopped replying since August.

Ordered my white / black MYLR5 on 6/15 and I've been driving it for the last month. Not sure why yours is taking so long. Did you complete the paperwork online?
she just got it 2 weeks ago. I updated the mileage about 4 times total reassessing the trade in and the paperwork 2 or 3 times with the income. I requested to delay the 1000 miles since I have 1 year free and if just disappeared.