Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small upgraded device inside your electrical panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
825AAAC8-0B6B-40E9-8C85-2FAE8EB555BA.jpeg

I just received the message above. Does anyone know what this is about?

Have you "responded to them with questions or concerns" to ask them what exactly they are doing? They may say "you dont have to be home" but they need your permission to access your property.

Tell us what they tell you when you ask them your question about it.

Reactions: bmah
The technician texted me. I asked him for additional information and also asked if he can check my panels against the recall.

I will post here when I find out more in case it helps others.

Here is my guess: the CT clamps and monitoring equipment in my system are not “revenue grade”. MAYBE this is so they can get SREC credit? I had to sign that away, but they did give me a decent discount for it and then probably have not been able to collect the SRECs themselves. Just a guess…

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
They ended up not doing it since it is possible the panel may be recalled. They raised the recall with their master electrician in the area who was aware of it, but the technicians did not want to check the panels against the recall list. I need to follow up on why my original support case got deleted and have them double-check my panels against the recall first.

The procedure was going to be to essentially install a neurio (I do not have one) and connect it wirelessly to one of my inverters. Tesla then would get production data from both my gateway and the neurio. The app would likely still reflect the gateway numbers. But they would have the revenue-grade readings from the neurio for the SRECs.

That’s all I know at this point. Hope this information is helpful to others. Apparently the technicians have been swamped with installing neurios. So it looks like there is a big push at Tesla to start collecting the SRECs.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: BGbreeder