Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could count me towards figuring out the preorder rate if that helps, but after the whole Troy debacle a few years ago re: Troy hating one person constantly hitting the dislike button on him and and him throwing a fit over it, I personally refuse to fill out anything he does.

Asking a bunch of people on a car message board is a sure way for you to get the best financial advice for your business. /s

Consult your accountant. That's what you pay him for.

Do you feel that I should ask my accountant about specific EV fleet incentives and expect that he knows every incentive available? Or hop on a forum that might actually have some people to give positive feedback in similar situations as myself...

Maybe if you have nothing to say, it’s better to say nothing at all.

Thanks for absolutely nothing.

Do you feel that I should ask my accountant about specific EV fleet incentives and expect that he knows every incentive available? Or hop on a forum that might actually have some people to give positive feedback in similar situations as myself...

Maybe if you have nothing to say, it’s better to say nothing at all.

Thanks for absolutely nothing.

No, but your accountant can spend some time researching the topic, just as you can. With that attitude I hope you get no help here.

Yes. I could also call anyone who bought the performance model an idiot for wasting 7k to go faster than 4.4 0-60. That's not needed either.
I'm guessing you weren't actually trying to elicit any opinions contrary to your own by asking if you went overboard. You figured you'd get a bunch of model 3 owners high fiving you for your passionate protection plans.

Do you get super excited when you go shopping for home owner's insurance too? That all-over warm feeling you get knowing that everything is protected and covered - very joyful.

I'm only messing ya! peace!

I only drive about 10-15 miles on a work day and then probably 100 over the weekend. I can't help but think that most of that exhilirating power is going to be wasted on my mundance no-highway commute.

Since I am another lurking noob about to pull the trigger on a MS, you can take this FWIW:

I was flying a trip with the owner of a three year old Performance MS who does mostly local driving. To paraphrase his advice to me:

1) The only car a faster car a LR is going to see at a stoplight is another Tesla; and

2) Go for the Range and don't look back.

Hopefully this will be a good Antidote when I do my test drive in the Performance model :D

Edit - on the FSD - been driving just fine for 45 years without it. Hardly think a 30 year software engineer can anticipate the unexpected like I can.

OTOH, eventually GF will drive the car. FSD could be protection against female driving skills.

useless update unless you have a brand new car - like made this year - quit wasting my time with useless updates Tesla. I would guess that less than 5% of owners got anything of any use or value in this update.

You're bitching because your car got an update? You may want to consider buying a GM then, won't have to worry about it. I'll take a bug-fix update every week over nothing.

The other trouble with "researching" the vehicle is that TESLA does NOT allow test drives prior to purchase

"Officer! Officer! Help, I've been robbed! I just a bought a car and they wouldn't let me test drive it and told me they don't accept returns so I bought it anyway. Turns out the car sucks. Can you help me?"

Officer: "Sir, have you been drinking this morning?"

"Officer! Officer! Help, I've been robbed! I just a bought a car and they wouldn't let me test drive it and told me they don't accept returns so I bought it anyway. Turns out the car sucks. Can you help me?"

Officer: "Sir, have you been drinking this morning?"

I certainly wouldn’t say “the car sucks”; just didn’t quite live up to expectations. In any case it appears Tesla and I have come to terms and will be moving forward on a resolution that works for both sides!

In the past I've usually been in the last 10%-20% to get an update, so I was surprised to get the notification for 202.8.1 yesterday. I got the HW3 upgrade installed a couple of weeks ago.

(2018 "stealth" P3D, HW3 upgrade)

Yeah, but that update is 1818 years old. Didn't even know they had Teslas in 202.......cool........

Status
Not open for further replies.