Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow driving, Model 3 RWD with snow tire handles better than RX350 with snow tires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats what they call, having the connects. lol

It was during a Tesla Owners Club event held at Excellence that I got talking to their parts manager Glen.
Great guy, mixed up some red base coat for free when I emailed him about buy a kit to fix some minor paint issues at delivery.

I feel their overall culture is to meet and exceed the customers expectation to the best of their ability. Their initial quote two weeks ago was ~$3300 and seven days. The TD adjustor came with ~3500 and seven to eight days. That tells me Excellence is honest and know their stuff. Very happy with how they're handling this shitty hit and run.

It was during a Tesla Owners Club event held at Excellence that I got talking to their parts manager Glen.
Great guy, mixed up some red base coat for free when I emailed him about buy a kit to fix some minor paint issues at delivery.

I feel their overall culture is to meet and exceed the customers expectation to the best of their ability. Their initial quote two weeks ago was ~$3300 and seven days. The TD adjustor came with ~3500 and seven to eight days. That tells me Excellence is honest and know their stuff. Very happy with how they're handling this shitty hit and run.
Yeah they are pretty good, and the staff there try to go the extra mile to help you out. They also mixed some touch up paint for me the first time I was there.

Hope you get your car back good as new. Sucks to have that happen.

You just gotta know who to threaten. :D :p

upload_2019-1-22_14-24-54.png

• Funny
Reactions: Techniques
I drove a short distance on the local roads on Model 3, feel a bit slippery, and later I switched to my Rx350 2013. both have snow tires. I feel RX350 AWD is not any better than my Model 3 in snow conditions . In my opinion, Model 3 RWD is even better.

One reason the Model 3 is so competent in the slippery stuff has nothing to do with it's faster reacting electronic traction systems. The heavy battery mounted under the floor of the cabin reduces weight transfer in corners. The car corners flatter with an evener distribution of weight on the tires. Also, the superior mass centralization of the Model 3 compared to almost any ICE car allows for quicker directional changes with less load on the tires contact patches (which is important on snow/ice). This car can really hustle around twisty roads when it's slick out.