Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Cal (SGV) Tint/PPF recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car tinted at G5 Tint today.... I didnt get the roof tinted. Wondering what are your personal thoughts on it. Was there a noticeable difference in heat coming from the roof?

I only had the car for a few days before getting all the windows tinted. So I barely had any time without tints. As I mentioned before and this is my personal preference, I wanted to make sure every piece of glass on the car had heat reduction tint. What’s the point of only doing 4 windows with tint and than having the other windows/glass expose? I think this is more of what is your goal with the tints? Some people get tints to darken the windows or to have a clean look on the MY (match the rear windows) and some do it just for the heat reduction and uv protection.

The price is steep to tint the glass roof (at least a few hundred), but you live in SoCal and weather is awesome. you might not need to do it depending on your preference for tints. Since you didn’t do the glass roof, I would just drive around the next couple weeks and then decide.