Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So has everyone been invited to configure? (Anyone on here still waiting for invite?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend who placed reservation 2 weeks ago and received invitation e-mail today for design & order, who is Southern California resident.

I just put a reservation on 6/30/18 and no invite! I know it's unreasonable to expect an invite soon but I kept checking incessantly!

My uncle put his reservation in June 2017 and got the invitation to configure 6/28/18. He was going to transfer the reservation to me as he no longer wants to get the Model 3 but been reading online and transferring the name and all might make getting the tax rebate difficult, which is why I decided to put my own reservation. Also because, Tesla's website says 3-5 months for new reservations, which means I still get a chance to get some rebates.

I just put a reservation on 6/30/18 and no invite! I know it's unreasonable to expect an invite soon but I kept checking incessantly!

My uncle put his reservation in June 2017 and got the invitation to configure 6/28/18. He was going to transfer the reservation to me as he no longer wants to get the Model 3 but been reading online and transferring the name and all might make getting the tax rebate difficult, which is why I decided to put my own reservation. Also because, Tesla's website says 3-5 months for new reservations, which means I still get a chance to get some rebates.
You technically can't transfer a reservation but changing all the information on your Uncle's reservation to yours is actually quite easy to do as I did this with my cousin. He gave me the login info for his account and i went and changed the login info, email address and all the contact info. After that, it was no longer attached to him in any way.

You technically can't transfer a reservation but changing all the information on your Uncle's reservation to yours is actually quite easy to do as I did this with my cousin. He gave me the login info for his account and i went and changed the login info, email address and all the contact info. After that, it was no longer attached to him in any way.

I see. But I am concerned about the tax credit. Will it affect it in anyway? I see you're not in the US but anybody knows? I will try to call Tesla tomorrow with my uncle as well to try this.