Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So what’s the story on the downgraded 3SR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
At least until the second week of May, all SR cars were actually SR+ cars with SR pricing.

I have read one anecdote of a new SR owner getting a car with a window covered, no fog lights and 220 miles max from the factory.

This stands to reason that 3SR +/- buyers should expect a software downgrade to drop the top end to 220, disable fog lights, etc.

Wondering if anyone has any info on this? I’ll share if anything happens on my end.

For Canadian Model 3 SR, last i heard from Tesla Customer Rep (Chat room) is that the SR is going to be 150km range instead of 350km described earlier (Either buy new or downgrade) It is a mess in Canada for SR, equally messed for SR+ owners who bought in before May 1st.

Pretty much customer service stated "Take it or leave it", they are not in the best mood as I assume this question or similar question has asked too many times a day

What’s the tape measure for? And flashlight for swirl marks?

I use the tape measure to measure the body panel gaps, mainly to make sure that they are roughly even on both sides. If they are off by 2 or 3 mm I’m not concerned but in one case the left side was 6mm wider than the same gap on the right side. One person holds the tape measure while the second person takes a photo on the Iphone. The photo can then be enlarged on the screen to easily identify the gap down to a single millimeter. Sometimes the door trim doesn’t align properly and it makes the doors look out of alignment when it’s just the trim. If so the service center can adjust the trim to make it look more even with just a few minutes of effort.

The flash light is mainly to inspect the cabin and underneath the car. Costa Mesa deliveries are indoors in a well lit area so swirl marks are fairly easy to spot, but there’s nothing I can do about them. I just assume if it’s a black car it’s going to need paint correction because they buff the car so aggressively that they create swirl marks all over the place. Ideally I’d prefer if they just washed the car and air dried it, but they put a thick coat of wax on the car to hide many of the imperfections and make the car look super shiny.

Reactions: MrBrightside