Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal Crystalline Tint >$1000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I finally picked up a Model 3 and I immediately started looking around to put 3M Crystalline tint all around (including windshield) to beat out the California heat (I love the IR rejection and the TSER numbers).
I did search the tint posts that have been beaten to death and got some estimates from some of the recommended tint shops in SoCal/Los Angeles region.

Sunshield in Sherman Oaks quoted (for 3M Crystalline) me $850 for all the windows + $250 for windshield.
South Bay Tinting in Torrance quoted (for 3M Crystalline) me $890 for all the windows + $300 for the windshield.
Extreme Autowerks (now in Brea) quoted (for Spectra Photosync) me $1295 for the windows + $395 for the windshield + $300 for the moon roof window.

Is the >$1000 price range typical for this high type of (ceramic/nano ceramic) heat rejection tint?

Any tips?

Hey guys,

I finally picked up a Model 3 and I immediately started looking around to put 3M Crystalline tint all around (including windshield) to beat out the California heat (I love the IR rejection and the TSER numbers).
I did search the tint posts that have been beaten to death and got some estimates from some of the recommended tint shops in SoCal/Los Angeles region.

Sunshield in Sherman Oaks quoted (for 3M Crystalline) me $850 for all the windows + $250 for windshield.
South Bay Tinting in Torrance quoted (for 3M Crystalline) me $890 for all the windows + $300 for the windshield.
Extreme Autowerks (now in Brea) quoted (for Spectra Photosync) me $1295 for the windows + $395 for the windshield + $300 for the moon roof window.

Is the >$1000 price range typical for this high type of (ceramic/nano ceramic) heat rejection tint?

Any tips?
Yes that’s about right. It’s also $1k down here in San Diego.

Fred