Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software melt down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a business trip for two days, left the car with around 50% SOC. Came back to pick the car up and it disabled damn near everything. No power steering, but it did drive. Any ideas ? Tesla will have a mobile van here in a few days so it’s not the end of the world but a little unnerving. Thank god I didn’t take this thing on the trip.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
38 %. SOC when I got back. MYP ‘22
How many days was your '22 MYP parked while you were away. Did you leave Sentry mode active? Do you have Full Self Driving and if so was Summon standby turned on?

Were you able to complete the drive home without charging? Were you able to charge once you were back home or use a Supercharger/other charging?

Besides the power steering being unavailable what other systems and features were/are unavailable?

Without the benefit of diagnostics the possible causes include a bad/failing 15V lithium starting battery module or even rodent damage to some of the wiring.

How many days was your '22 MYP parked while you were away. Did you leave Sentry mode active? Do you have Full Self Driving and if so was Summon standby turned on?

Were you able to complete the drive home without charging? Were you able to charge once you were back home or use a Supercharger/other charging?

Besides the power steering being unavailable what other systems and features were/are unavailable?

Without the benefit of diagnostics the possible causes include a bad/failing 15V lithium starting battery module or even rodent damage to some of the wiring.
Three days parked with Sentry on. No FSD. Did the reboot. Ya, I have a trusted person that’s been texting me about this, he thought the starting battery as well. Thanks for your thoughts, they’re very much appreciated. This will pass, and ill continue my love of this car.