Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Any Problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those are pretty much just auto wiper complaints. My auto wipers have sucked for several versions of SW. They did work well for about a month, but were then broken again around an October update.
2024.2.6 made wipers unable to detect rain, 2024.2.7 refinement caused wipers to dry wipe, though actual rain was better. Maybe .8 will find the goldilocks point?

2024.2.6 made wipers unable to detect rain, 2024.2.7 refinement caused wipers to dry wipe, though actual rain was better. Maybe .8 will find the goldilocks point?
Our wipers will detect rain only after I trigger them manually. Then, they work for awhile and stop again. This has been going on for over 5 months. I've never experienced a dry wipe.

Our wipers will detect rain only after I trigger them manually. Then, they work for awhile and stop again. This has been going on for over 5 months. I've never experienced a dry wipe.
We still have the same behaviour with 2024.14.9 and have noticed it for 9 months now. The advantage to UIV12 is that adjusting wipers is now a hands on wheel, eyes on road, action so, while I feel I no longer have auto wipers, this is the first car I've had with them so switching back to the 'old ways' isn't a big deal. And we have had one dry swipe since the latest update have only had it a few hours where it has not been raining so that's not a good indication of whether the problem remains (it is possible the dry swipe came from a water drop coming off a tree, for example.

(BTW, the OP was referring to a previous update.)

Since FSD12.3.6 navigation has offered up some incredibly ridiculous options. It has done that in the past on occasion but I can think of 3 examples since I updated to this version of FSD and it has only been under 2 months.

Reactions: rwjr44
Yep, tesla's like "lets route us right in a dead stopped freeway."

Twice in the past 2 days our NAV did something similar.

Yesterday it said it was 2 minutes longer (3:04 instead of 3:02) to take a scenic 'diagonal' through the backroads. We'd save 30km and since the speed limit was lower, we'd save range (important because we still had another hour of driving after taking this part of the drive. It took 25 minutes longer than the system originally told us, likely because long stretches were at 50kph (paved but often no shoulder or centre line) and then there was the surprise 6 km of unpaved road.

Today I wasn't looking at the traffic when I headed home at noon. It took me the most direct route which is a parking lot for many hours each afternoon but should be fine at that time of the day so I never even thought about it until I realized I wasn't even going to get to the bottom of the exit ramp because the traffic was backed up it. That added 6 minutes (not a big deal but on a drive of 21 minutes, significant, and it was totally unnecessary, the route I take when the direct route is a parking lot was completely open and I ended up detouring to it as soo as I could.)

In the first case, it was as if the system wasn't calculating the speed limits of the roads it was putting us on (where known; there were no speed signs for the unpaved road.)

In the second case, it was as if the system didn't calculate to see whether traffic was at usual volume or not.