Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.2.7 Sucks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 2024.2.7 update recently and I have noticed a huge step back, wipers turn on in clear day light, headlights are on in clear headlight and I have to force off(if you set to auto after that they will remain off).

AP jerks too much when recentering after passing a semi or big truck(which makes it move slightly to one side to give the truck/semi more space).

Just overall it feels pretty bad?

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Reactions: am_dmd and Beasts
It could be unrelated, but the day after I got 2024.2.6 update, the GNSS (GPS) and cameras no longer function. Updating to .7 didn't help. Rebooting, removing USB drives, nothing seems to fix it. So while I can't speak specifically to your issues, this update is really bad for me (or I'm just really unlucky).

Yep, same here. 2 years of ownership (2022, MY), never had issues with wipers, now I do! Plain daylight, clear blue sky, wiper turn on! Looks like Coders are trying a few things… undocumented stuff is really annoying.

Reactions: Beasts
Thank you very much! I was planning to start trying to fix the same wiper problem on our 2021 S LR. I wasn't quite sure where to start and now I'll just wait for Tesla to fix it while hoping I won't have to drive in the rain. Computers - a blessing or a curse. Just depends on the day I guess.

2020 LRMY just updated to 2024.2.7 Multiple driver's side camera blocked messages (vehicle had recently been washed.) It was early A.M. and the sun's rays were hitting that side. Wipers coming on with no warning during daylight and at night even when not using Autopilot. Dashcam unavailable (Message to check USB appeared.) Removing USB thumb drives (one Dashcam/Sentry mode USB thumb drive and and one music thumb drive. Rebooted twice and now Dashcam/Sentry mode is working again; USB is operating normally.

weird that i am now just getting the message about the update to this new firmware.

saw it pop up on my screen this morning when i got in the car.

hopefully i wont be getting any bugs like some of you in here.

Since installing 2024.2.7 I've been having issues with my USB drives (Dashcam/Sentry and Music USB thumb drives, passive USB hub and center console USB data port). The Dashcam/Sentry mode viewer states that there is a USB error and application is unavailable. The Dashcam/Sentry mode icon shows a red X where there should be a red dot. USB Music does not appear when listing the music source options. Rebooting (sometimes needing to reboot 2X) will set things right.

Reactions: fredzos