Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WiFi not connecting after software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have recently updated my Tesla Model Y 2023 to software version 2023.44.1 and since this update I have problems with WiFi connection. I’m on premium connectivity and had no problems prior to latest update. Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Try doing a scroll wheel reset
Language Reset

Please see below for the steps involved in performing a language reset on your vehicle.

These steps are really useful in any case where wi-fi or cellular connectivity issues are present as this reset will also reset the connectivity gateway.

Language Reset Steps: Tap on the car icon on the bottom right corner of the screen

1. On your vehicle navigate to: Controls> Display> Touchscreen Language

2. Change language to any other language ( British English). This will restart the media control unit, which is exactly what we want, so select "Yes" when it prompts you saying it will have to reboot.

3. Once it reboots once again navigate to Controls> Display> Touchscreen Language and change language back to your preferred choice.

The display tab symbol looks like a small glass screen (as it will be in a foreign language you may not be familiar with once the system reboots)

Upvote 0
My 2022 MYLR recently stopped connecting to WIFI (both my home network and my iPhone hotspot) I’m on software vers 2023.38.9. I’m missing 2023.44 according to the release notes. Not really sure when the problem began…maybe a few weeks ago? The Language Reset tip from this thread didn’t work for my car. The “maximize compatibility” setting on my iphone (mentioned in another thread) also didn’t work. The car has always been consistently connecting. I haven’t changed any settings in my home router. Did Tesla change something in the software? I don’t think it’s the physical antenna because I can still detect my network and all my neighbors’ SSID’s. Just cannot connect.

Upvote 0
Closing the loop on this troubleshooting (hopefully it'll help someone else). I reset the dash screen by holding down both the left and right steering wheel scroll buttons for about 5 secs. I'm going to assume that restarts the computer which powers everything? I don't know, I was parked at the time. Anyway, I thought this method was mentioned elsewhere on the internet and didn't work. But when I did it a couple of days ago, it worked. WIFI reconnected to my phone's hotspot. Later when I got home, it automatically reconnected to my home WIFI. So now my software updates are up-to-date. Just an FYI for those who encounter problems in the future and stumble upon this thread. Cheers!

Upvote 0
i'm noticing the same, i just had the model y delivered and it didn't even come with latest software version, so when trying to connect to my iphone hotspot or at tesla supercharger free wifi, the software upload bar just sits at 0/bs... tried for 3 days now, and no joy.. i suspect the best way to resolve is to reboot the system?

Upvote 0