Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update required! Manually update - Model 3 [Note car repaired after a crash]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey geeks,

Recently my M3 failed to complete update,
I guess reasons are: not cleared crash from RCM and front parking sensors removed,
fixed everything, replaced airbags etc, cleared crash.

Now it says "Software update required!" and also I see SRS icon, but no error message about it.
Also car will not change lane during autopilot, says "Proximity sensors not communicating" but they are all connected OK.
Current software 2019.28.3.1

I tried to telnet 25956 to MCU via Eth directly to MCU to redeploy, but I get response timeout .... they changed it?
got 90.100:8080 on my laptop browser, it means I am in lan.
Also could not ssh to .100, got to "login as:" but does not take anything, rejecting authentication method blabla "server sent: public key"

Any help highly appreciated,
B

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I guess reasons are: not cleared crash from RCM and front parking sensors removed,
Just wanted to clarify something: you are located in the Republic of Georgia, adjacent to Russia/Turkey/Azerbaijan, is that correct?

So no Tesla Service center local to you.

• Love
Reactions: whatthe2
Right, I’m too enthusiastic and love Tesla.
I guess you see what an unique location is Tesla wasting and not expanding market/sc/superchargers despite my emails?
Would love to take part in that extension, Tesla feel free to contact me in case of interest.

Just wanted to clarify something: you are located in the Republic of Georgia, adjacent to Russia/Turkey/Azerbaijan, is that correct?

So no Tesla Service center local to you.

Just making a note because I saw someone marked the post from @ecarfan as "funny". The OP in this thread is in the "republic off Georgia, adjacent to Russia/Turkey/Azerbaijan", not "Georgia" in the US, so I think @ecarfan 's statement about the OP being a brave tesla enthusiast is warranted and not "funny".

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
Thank you guys for cheering me up.
"Hard reset" will not help.

I have ideas but I do not want to mess with Tesla sw and lose their support, I thought redeploy would not hurt anything.
I wish Tesla could help me remotely or even have some paid tech service/subscribtion like other car manufacturers have, GM, Toyota.

Hey geeks,

Now it says "Software update required!" and also I see SRS icon, but no error message about it.
Also car will not change lane during autopilot, says "Proximity sensors not communicating" but they are all connected OK.

I tried to telnet 25956 to MCU via Eth directly to MCU to redeploy, but I get response timeout .... they changed it?
Also could not ssh to .100, got to "login as:" but does not take anything, rejecting authentication method blabla "server sent: public key"

B
There are firewall rules blocking ice-updater. The port has the be put into an unlocked state to reach that.

Just making a note because I saw someone marked the post from @ecarfan as "funny". The OP in this thread is in the "republic off Georgia, adjacent to Russia/Turkey/Azerbaijan", not "Georgia" in the US, so I think @ecarfan 's statement about the OP being a brave tesla enthusiast is warranted and not "funny".

Stating the obvious, it was the first line that was funny...

Reactions: C141medic
Texas Instruments - cool, didn't know of that type of AV connection.
Sure I did that reset, it does not change anything.

Tesla support tells me that they are sorry, suggesting to schedule service center appointment....
oh with pleasure, but 2000 miles away and no chargers on the road? hmm
another way is 1300 miles thru Iraq, the country where the war is on going .. hmm x2

Funny is that, it is very simple thing, that needs to be done,
What you think, if could schedule a remote service appointment with Tesla tech, under your home wifi, they can connect it and do all the necessary sw changes, while you have communication via chat.

Did you figure out a solution? I’m having a similar problem. SRS light on and notifications for software update is required gtw_w037 and gtw_w098 but firmware appears up to to date.

Hey geeks,

B
Hey geeks,

B

[QUOTE = "bequa, post: 4234497, member: 65219"] Привет, гики,

Недавно мой М3 не смог завершить обновление,
Я предполагаю, что причины: не устранена авария от RCM и удалены передние датчики парковки,
все исправили, заменили подушки безопасности и т. д., очистили краш.

Теперь он говорит: «Требуется обновление программного обеспечения!» а также я вижу значок SRS, но об этом нет сообщения об ошибке.
Также автомобиль не будет менять полосу во время автопилота, говорит «Датчики приближения не обмениваются данными», но все они в порядке.
Текущее программное обеспечение 2019.28.3.1

Я попытался телнет 25956 к MCU через Eth напрямую к MCU для повторного развертывания, но я получил тайм-аут ответа .... они изменили его?
получил 90.100: 8080 на моем ноутбуке, это значит, что я нахожусь в локальной сети.
Также не смог ssh к .100, попал в "login as:", но ничего не берет, отвергая метод аутентификации блабла "server sent: public key"

Любая помощь высоко ценится,
В [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "bequa, post: 4234497, member: 65219"] Привет, гики,

Недавно мой М3 не смог завершить обновление,
Я предполагаю, что причины: не устранена авария от RCM и удалены передние датчики парковки,
все исправили, заменили подушки безопасности и т. д., очистили краш.

Теперь он говорит: «Требуется обновление программного обеспечения!» а также я вижу значок SRS, но об этом нет сообщения об ошибке.
Также автомобиль не будет менять полосу во время автопилота, говорит «Датчики приближения не обмениваются данными», но все они в порядке.
Текущее программное обеспечение 2019.28.3.1

Я попытался телнет 25956 к MCU через Eth напрямую к MCU для повторного развертывания, но я получил тайм-аут ответа .... они изменили его?
получил 90.100: 8080 на моем ноутбуке, это значит, что я нахожусь в локальной сети.
Также не смог ssh к .100, попал в "login as:", но ничего не берет, отвергая метод аутентификации блабла "server sent: public key"

Любая помощь высоко ценится,
В [/ QUOT