Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar For Dummies...Please!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, this solar roof and Powerwall combination announcement has me totally fascinated. I have absolutely no knowledge of how a system like this would work nor whether I could go completely off the grid with something like this. I did check my last month's electric bill and it says I used 1167 (watts I assume?). Last month was almost 2000. I am currently charging a Chevy Volt every night and I live in Georgia. I am also a Model 3 reservation holder. Would there be authorized installers in my are in the next few years?

Any help understanding how this system might work for me? Would it be possible to go off the grid completely with something like this (I hate utility companies)? Please be kind...I have absolutely no knowledge of solar energy other than it comes from that big yellow thing in the sky!.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

OK, this solar roof and Powerwall combination announcement has me totally fascinated. I have absolutely no knowledge of how a system like this would work nor whether I could go completely off the grid with something like this. I did check my last month's electric bill and it says I used 1167 (watts I assume?). Last month was almost 2000. I am currently charging a Chevy Volt every night and I live in Georgia. I am also a Model 3 reservation holder. Would there be authorized installers in my are in the next few years?

Any help understanding how this system might work for me? Would it be possible to go off the grid completely with something like this (I hate utility companies)? Please be kind...I have absolutely no knowledge of solar energy other than it comes from that big yellow thing in the sky!.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
I'm responding to keep track of this thread. I also want to know how it would work out. I had priced 10 kw solar systems in the past year and prices were around 30k...