Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Only - Pennsylvania PECO Utility - Switch to TOU Rate Plan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that's exactly right! Thank you for helping me understand the math!!

It's not intuitive for me to be billed for the Generation of Super Off-Peak usage when we're producing a surplus overall. But the amount I'm billed (the Super Off-Peak generation rate) is presumably less than the value of solar produced.

Does anyone know the value of surplus solar produced? Regardless of whether it's produced during Off-Peak or Peak, is it banked at a kWh (1 kWh of Distribution and 1kWh of Generation)? How would a bill credit work in May if I do have a surplus?

View attachment 968222
You get a credit a true up for the amount still in your bank, in a 1 for 1 of what they would have charged you. Here are the details from mine earlier this year. They just keep rolling the credit over month to month. I guess I could ask for a check, but i'm a big consumer during the summer with the pool heat pump, so I chew through the credit rather quickly. The $598.94 Renewable Energy Credit below is the true up for all the banked credits (generation and distribution) based upon time period.

This is the first full year on the TOU plan, and it looks like it may work out that my total billing for a year will go to about zero, even though my system only generates about 70% of my usage. But I just added a PHEV, so my super off peak (midnight to 6am) is going to skyrocket.

Ignore the excess credit line item and the total. Focus on the renewable energy credit line. PECO screwed up my billing for a few months at the turn of the year and double billed me for a few months, that why there is some fuzzy credit math there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 195528.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-25 195713.jpg

Last edited: