Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Roof on new construction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not quite new construction but I'm having a new roof frame added and would like to consider Solar Roof.

I think this is a non-starter with scheduling though in NorCal. I can't have the plywood sitting to the elements for weeks while I wait for their next installation date. Has anyone had experience with this?

I think there might be a new construction group within Tesla that others have mentioned working with that might be who you need to reach - they would be more likely to at least understand the need to match the roofing schedule to the building schedule. The other thing to note is that the underlayment Tesla seems to be using on all their solar roof installs - Firestone SA-FR - is rated for 120 days of exposure, so it is at least possible that one option could be to get the underlayment down right away even if there is the potential for a couple weeks before install of the solar roof starts. (I wouldn't want to test the full 120 days myself, but it at least gives some wiggle room.)