Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

southern CA gutter vendor recommendation for solar roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have 12.4kW solar roof system installed, and am thinking of adding rain gutters (and gutter guards) to cover the aluminum metal drip edges that were installed by Tesla. I am currently in southern CA (around Pasadena area). Can anyone recommend rain gutter vendors that are certified or have experience working with Tesla solar roof?
IMG-0634.jpg

Second, back in 2021, I am not sure why the Tesla team had installed the drip edges (or gutter apron) flushed against or so close to the facia boards. According to this video, there should be a gap between the drip edge and facia boards. I often see water wrapping around the drip edge hitting the facia boards around my house. I believe it might be difficult for some vendors to install the rain gutters now. Any thoughts why Tesla didn't leave any gap between the drip edge and facia boards?
drip edge.JPGhitting facia board.JPG

I had my gutters done by:
Very reasonable estimate, completed job quickly and without issue. I had a couple of other estimates from other vendors and they definitely tried to tack on a Tesla tax for themselves.

• Helpful
Reactions: tisl427
Upvote 0
I had my gutters done by:
Very reasonable estimate, completed job quickly and without issue. I had a couple of other estimates from other vendors and they definitely tried to tack on a Tesla tax for themselves.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this post!

Upvote 0