TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Solar1 Inverter

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vfx, Aug 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

That is good. My solar panels are expected to outlast my inverters, so having something less expensive and longer lasting as a replacement down the road is promising.

Combine the new generation, reduced cost thin film panels with a next generation inverter, and solar becomes even more mainstream.

3. graham

graham Active Member

Yes, I will need to replace and/or upgrade my Outback inverter some day too. Especially since the Roadster and/or any additional plug-in vehicles I buy may require additional PV panels outpacing the capacity of my current system.

I will keep an eye out for these guys...

4. Joseph

Joseph Member

Does anyone know how long the inverters in electric cars should last?

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

For the most part they should last the life of the vehicle.

Home inverters on solar panels need to run all day, day after day, unlike a car.

(With that said, one of my workmates did have an inverter failure on his Prius, but it was covered under warranty)