Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

**SOLD**2022 Tesla Model S LR Blk/Blk 2k miles 21s/19s PPF Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does $700 include both parts and labor?
Yes..i do think you may have to pay sales tax as well. Also make sure to tell them to leave the yolk behind....it's no yolk..they will take it with them when they leave...lol

Also just got a message from Tesla's virtual diagnostic technician...didn't know there was one..and stated that a configuration change has been sent to my vehicle and to wait 15 minutes for the update to finish. However.....no change to the icon on the dash..still a yolk...HOWEVER again....did a soft reboot...i.e. pressed both scroll wheels (without pressing the brake) and BAM...proper round steering wheel is now showing up..so if needed please tell other newly round steering wheel owners that a soft reboot may fix the wrong steering wheel from being displayed...

Now if you would just sell the 21" wheels for $3K and lower your price on the car to $72,999, it would be gone in a flash before something else happens to tank our resale values.
I would follow this advice. I just sold my MS LR (traded it in actually). I shopped my car at every wholesaler both nationally and locally. The wheels will add nothing to the value of the car. If anything, the 21's might make it harder to move the LR.

I bought a Plaid just before the MS LR values really started going in the tank. My advice is you can get low 70's, take it and run. I was getting wholesale offers in the 50's for a car with low miles and in better condition than when Tesla delivered it to me. I don't think the MS LR depreciation has quite caught up with the Plaid but I think it is trending there very quickly.

I would follow this advice. I just sold my MS LR (traded it in actually). I shopped my car at every wholesaler both nationally and locally. The wheels will add nothing to the value of the car. If anything, the 21's might make it harder to move the LR.

I bought a Plaid just before the MS LR values really started going in the tank. My advice is you can get low 70's, take it and run. I was getting wholesale offers in the 50's for a car with low miles and in better condition than when Tesla delivered it to me. I don't think the MS LR depreciation has quite caught up with the Plaid but I think it is trending there very quickly.
How many miles were on your MS LR and what year? Paid for FSD? How much did you get in trade in if you don’t mind us asking.

I think it was about 8k miles on my 2022 MS LR, I don't recall the exact amount and it isn't in my account any more. I had no FSD and never will. It isn't worth a dime to me honestly. After renting it for a month, I realized it was the biggest Tesla scam ever as far as I was concerned. In the used market it has almost zero value from what I could tell up to maybe 2k on a year old car which aligns closely with the value I assigned to it.

As for trade value, that is an ambiguous value based on whatever they want to show you on paper. The key thing for me was the trade difference of 20k + fees/tax/etc was the important one to me.

So I'll try and lay out my scenario so it makes sense. They were asking more for their car than it was worth as they were a dealer and needed room to negotiate the trade. So I'll make it simplistic enough to be directionally accurate.

• Their 2022 Plaid - mint condition, 5900 miles with signature 21" wheels and new Pilot sport 4s tires (less than 1k miles from what I could tell), upgraded matrix headlights, new taillight, new CCS door, Steam, Steam, but no tilting screen but USS - $95k asking price
  • My 2022 MS LR - mint condition, ~8k miles, 19" Conti all season, original tires with aero hubcaps. Old style LED head lights, tail lights, old charge door, no Steam, with USS. Trade value offered $75k on paper so a 20k out of trade difference + sale tax/fees/etc.

Plaid had 2 months less use based on in-service date, so more warranty, newer tires, significant upgrades and generally better fit and finish than mine. The sales tax savings resulted in about $4700 by trading it in not to mention the simplicity of doing so and not dealing with a lot of tire kickers.

So depending on how you valued the Plaid in the current market, just subtract 20k from it to get what they valued my MS LR at. So if you think a Plaid as described is worth 90k, then my trade was worth 70k. If you think 95k as they asked, then my trade was worth 75k, etc.

I paid 79k for my MS LR so regardless I felt like I was in a good situation and saving on sales tax by trading in made the deal even better. I don't think I could have got them to drop much more than they were already at so even if I retailed my LR and got more for it, I think I would have been in a worse position overall as I'd have lost the trade sales tax benefit. I figured real world value of my MS LR was about $71-72k and they were close enough to that on a trade (ACV -actual cash value) in that it was a great deal for me to unload my MS LR and buy a Plaid at a price difference that I felt was very fair given current market conditions.

Considering Tesla only wanted to give me in the 50's (52-57k) and I had multiple wholesale offers in the 50's and the few in the 60's were very low 60's, I felt like I had to close the deal before the dealer figured out they offered me way too much on trade for my MS LR even if you could argue they were slightly overpriced on the Plaid. Based on carefully watching the market for Plaids in my area and nationally, I felt their asking price was pretty fair, given they were a dealer and they tend to be on the high side. Once I validated what updates were on it and saw they were Signature wheels, I felt they were priced more than fair and I wanted to wrap up the deal ASAP.

So if you value my MS LR like Tesla did at 57k max, then I scored a 2022 MS Plaid for 77k. Or the Plaid is worth the 95k they were asking, then I got almost what I paid for my car 14+ months ago. Regardless of how I deconstructed the deal, it was worth it to me to buy a new, upgraded car with the performance I desired for not a lot more money. Will Plaids fall in price more, likely and so will MS LRs. Which car would I rather be stuck with if I am going to take a bath on with depreciation, the Plaid as it won't be much more than my MS LR and the enjoyment factor will be a lot higher for me. I hope this helps.

So to not derail this thread too much, @weleckid has what I'd say is peak Model S LR currently and definitely the sweet spot. It has the updated lights, tilt screen, Steam, and USS. This is basically what I was looking for when I was shopping for a Plaid. Definitely worth paying more for than an earlier 2022 or 2021. Who knows when/if HW4 without USS will even be as remotely as good as this car given how slowly Tesla can move.

For someone looking for a used MS LR, this is clearly the way to go. I don't know the seller but if I were in the market, for an LR, this one would be on the top of my list.

Ok from today to 6/2 at 3 pm eastern time... I will be taking offers starting at $70,000 - domestic only bids ..and shipping will be on you... I will update this post with the top bid...please bid in $250 increments. I will also need to close the deal within 7 days after closing..or 6/9..buy it now price is $74,000 which will stop the auction. From the last bid at 3 pm on 6/2...I will wait 2 minutes to make sure there are no other bids. If there are it will reset the 2 min timer. Please bear with me as this first time trying to sell a car this way. I do reserve the right to withdraw any offer. Title in hand, no wrecks, and current miles is 2,450. Please like and share.

Highlights:
8/2022 build
standard auto pilot
blk/blk
2 sets of wheels
PPF on entire front of car
low mileage
parking sensors..yea
tilt screen
updated front light/back lights.

Ok from today to 6/2 at 3 pm eastern time... I will be taking offers starting at $70,000 - domestic only bids ..and shipping will be on you... I will update this post with the top bid...please bid in $250 increments. I will also need to close the deal within 7 days after closing..or 6/9..buy it now price is $74,000 which will stop the auction. From the last bid at 3 pm on 6/2...I will wait 2 minutes to make sure there are no other bids. If there are it will reset the 2 min timer. Please bear with me as this first time trying to sell a car this way. I do reserve the right to withdraw any offer. Title in hand, no wrecks, and current miles is 2,450. Please like and share.

Highlights:
8/2022 build
standard auto pilot
blk/blk
2 sets of wheels
PPF on entire front of car
low mileage
parking sensors..yea
tilt screen
updated front light/back lights.
Make sure to add Steam if you have it which I think you should. Build all the value you can.

I was ready to give you $70k cash last month

You did not enterain so I went hunting

Purchase MS LR 21 Refresh with FSD and 4k miles.

Wish you would have accepted My cash offer

This is a great car I would off love it to buy it at$70k

Wish you luck don't procrastinate take$70k cash if you get it

Tesla used cars Prices are dropping

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
There are a lot of the updates on this car over a 2021 that are significant. Not to mention PPF on the entire front really saves on stone chips. Don't know if he is still including the second set of wheels or not. All in all, I think it is priced very fairly for one that looks to be in great shape with pretty much all the best upgrades during the refreshed S lifecycle.