Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

**SOLD**2022 Tesla Model S LR Blk/Blk 2k miles 21s/19s PPF Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys for all the banter..just got the round steering wheel put on yesterday..and funny only half of the steering was wheel lit up. Guess what the fix was..a firmware update...which seems to fix it. Part of me wants to keep it..of course..and the other part want to move on..I am hoping a buyer will appreciate the two set of wheels and the ppf on front of car. I am at $76k. Which is close to 20k in savings...and comes with a $700 round steering wheel...lol

I think you're priced well. That $71K sale is really a $74,195 with the 4.5% buyer's premium.

Now if you would just sell the 21" wheels for $3K and lower your price on the car to $72,999, it would be gone in a flash before something else happens to tank our resale values.

Reactions: saj070 and weleckid
Who installed the round steering wheel and update the software?

Post pictures please.

They are all installed by Tesla.

Here's 20 pages of discussion replies about the topic.

Do you think you've made more money or less money by waiting since mid-Feb to price the car right for the current market?

Do you think you will make more money holding the car for another few months?

Sell the wheels for $3K and price it at $71,999K and save yourself from further losses. You don't have to wait for the wheels to sell before selling the car.

Reactions: saj070
Do you think you've made more money or less money by waiting since mid-Feb to price the car right for the current market?

Do you think you will make more money holding the car for another few months?

Sell the wheels for $3K and price it at $71,999K and save yourself from further losses. You don't have to wait for the wheels to sell before selling the car.
I have no idea...lol...I have been watching the market and I think I am still priced right..there have been a few cheaper but also I have seen more listed in the low 80s......I have not been in a rush to sell as I haven't decided on which vehicle to replace it with..maybe a Tesla M3P....but now I feel like I need to wait until the updated model comes out. Selling the wheels, which i have been avoiding is an option but shipping is a nightmare...If a local pickup, then that would work...so that is why I have been trying to sell the car with both sets of wheels. Maybe a person up North can use one set for winter,.

Post the wheels for sale on the classifieds here and also on your local Tesla groups like on Facebook and tell them -pickup only, no shipping-

The wheels won’t depreciate in value like the car yet they add next to nothing in the resale value of the car, so you can hold out until a local buyer comes along.

Reactions: weleckid
Here are some updated pictures with the newly installed round steering wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_8069.JPG
    IMG_8069.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_8070.JPG
    IMG_8070.JPG
    470.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8071.JPG
    IMG_8071.JPG
    464 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8072.JPG
    IMG_8072.JPG
    898.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Love
Reactions: kemble54 and kopo
Does anyone know if there is a software update when you get the round steering wheel to change the icons and narrative to steering wheel from yolk?

It's not a software update, but a software configuration change that the tech uses the Toolbox 3 computer to perform.

Check that thread out above that I posted for all the info on the steering wheel.

Reactions: kopo and weleckid
Ok..here is my quick summary yolk vs steering wheel. Everyday driving - round - Feeling like you are driving something a little different..if not special - yolk - visibility to the dashboard - yolk all the way - slightly spirted driving in the mild twisties - yolk - all other scenarios - round

Also note - I wasn't there when the install took place and guess what - the yolk was not left behind "unless specified by me" - which i had no idea I needed to do so - It would have been nice to have the option to put it back on if I CHOOSE to..even though I wouldn't have the air bag as it is my understanding that the round wheel took a different shape air bag...

Reactions: kopo
Ok..here is my quick summary yolk vs steering wheel. Everyday driving - round - Feeling like you are driving something a little different..if not special - yolk - visibility to the dashboard - yolk all the way - slightly spirted driving in the mild twisties - yolk - all other scenarios - round

Also note - I wasn't there when the install took place and guess what - the yolk was not left behind "unless specified by me" - which i had no idea I needed to do so - It would have been nice to have the option to put it back on if I CHOOSE to..even though I wouldn't have the air bag as it is my understanding that the round wheel took a different shape air bag...
Great insight. Thanks for sharing

Thanks guys for all the banter..just got the round steering wheel put on yesterday..and funny only half of the steering was wheel lit up. Guess what the fix was..a firmware update...which seems to fix it. Part of me wants to keep it..of course..and the other part want to move on..I am hoping a buyer will appreciate the two set of wheels and the ppf on front of car. I am at $76k. Which is close to 20k in savings...and comes with a $700 round steering wheel...lol
Does $700 include both parts and labor?