Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solid black AWD with mismatched bumpers......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 Obsidian Black Metallic about one week ago. It has a mismatched SOLID BLACK rear bumper. What a mess-up. So I feel your pain. I am thinking what to do about it, if worth the risk of letting my local service center to send it out to an outside body shop to get it repainted. Where is TSLA QC?
I think I see the solution for you... call up kodofodder and swap rear bumpers :)

Not kidding!

This also solves half the problem for kodofodder.... So, who's got kodofodder's solid black front bumper?

Reactions: tracksyde
Doesn't Tesla have their own body shop in Van Nuys? Tesla can probably just swap the bumpers there.

When I was at the Fremont Delivery Hub, I noticed they had a small pile of damaged bumpers in the back near the dumpsters. I think they may have just replaced bumpers there that were damaged in transport.

Because of QC people being pressured to keep the lines moving. Either that or the QC people they are hiring are color blind. Even that does not account for the white interior with a black door panel seen above. That is just plain carelessness or a parts shortage they figured they can fix later (at a higher cost).
Color blind or not, at this price point the car like that will not see a customer in the usual scheme with a dealership.

InkedRear bumper paint mis-match_L2.jpg
I took delivery of my Model 3 Obsidian Black Metallic about one week ago. It has a mismatched SOLID BLACK rear bumper. What a mess-up. So I feel your pain. I am thinking what to do about it, if worth the risk of letting my local service center to send it out to an outside body shop to get it repainted. Where is TSLA QC?

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
OBM and SB is not noticeable in the shade unless you are looking very close. Anyway, you don't expect something like this in any brand new car, especially not one that costs $60k. Tesla can get away with this crap with early adopters who are just eager to get their Model 3, it will hurt sales in the long-run.

Tesla doesn't know what QC means, Lol. To them, it's probably "Customer will call if they notice anything", and if they do "Service Center will handle it".

Anyway I will call your BS, and raise you reality.

View attachment 341564

Ill be honest, mine is not that glaring, which is leading me to believe that I may be mistaken now, but it was my Paint guy who noticed it (He did my PPF and CC). He was from a group buy on this forum and he has done a bunch so I assume he knows what he is talking about.....the car is at the Tesla shop right now or I would provide additional photos