Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solid Black Paint - Has anyone gotten email, Dual Motor or Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am seeing on Facebook that someone got a call about their black paint car and was told to change to another color for faster delivery as they haven't made any with black paint yet but have white, blue, red, and grey available for delivery.

I did not get an email/text/call yet but my Black/White Performance+ with FSD did update yesterday and allow me to enter all my details. I did the tesla loan app and was approved. This is my first tesla so I'm a little confused. It's asking me for insurance verification but I can't get that without a delivery date (don't want to pay for an extra month or whatever) and secondly I don't have a VIN number.

On my Model Y page, I'm stuck at the "Insurance page" and it's saying me next steps are

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

So, I'm waiting for a call at this point?

Thanks everyone

I did not get an email/text/call yet but my Black/White Performance+ with FSD did update yesterday and allow me to enter all my details. I did the tesla loan app and was approved. This is my first tesla so I'm a little confused. It's asking me for insurance verification but I can't get that without a delivery date (don't want to pay for an extra month or whatever) and secondly I don't have a VIN number.

On my Model Y page, I'm stuck at the "Insurance page" and it's saying me next steps are

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

So, I'm waiting for a call at this point?

Thanks everyone

I put in my current insurance card which I will update when a VIN is assigned.

It sounds like black will be pushed back further, possibly until August.

I was able to get a loan approval through the website at this point, but nothing more.
I actually just spoke with one of their advisors about this. They said there have been black ones made (didn't specify which) and those will be going out shortly. So I guess if you've already received a pickup date, you're most likely getting yours soon. He then said they will be making the next batch soon, whatever that means. He also said we'd get updates via the Tesla app. So we'll see.

Reactions: BR5220